Great team environment, Immediate start.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS
Cranbrook is an Anglican, independent day and boarding school, Pre-school to Year 12.
At Cranbrook our vision is to be a world class school which encourages and enables all of our students to explore, enjoy and fulfil their potential. We lead our students to discover and make the most of their talents, to thrive in, and love the pursuit of, excellence. As a school we energise the educational environment by offering a rich and distinctive schooling both within and beyond the curriculum and give powerful pastoral support. Cranbrook builds resilience and confidence so that each student can face the challenges of the twenty-first century with personal confidence, intellectual versatility, academic hunger and optimism.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Cranbrook School is seeking an experienced Maintenance Officer to join our Maintenance Team on a temporary (casual) basis, to assist with staffing needs to cover periods of planned staff leave over the coming months. Hours to be worked are Monday to Friday, 7.30am to 4.00pm, with some flexibility required with start and finish times. The position is to commence as soon as possible.
Maintenance Officers provide operational support to the Maintenance Team Leader and Maintenance Manager and undertake the delivery of set up services and complete daily work schedules for the safe operation of the School and its activities.
The Maintenance Team is a much-valued part of the Facilities Department which is responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of all internal and external built structures of the School.
Planned and preventative maintenance is paramount in ensuring all facilities are functional and in good working order. Presentation is equally important, not only in ensuring that Cranbrook School is shown to be a world class institution and that the heritage site is valued and kept to the highest possible standard, but also ensuring that students, guests and staff see the school in a positive light when entering the campus. Pride and a sense of ownership in the buildings and their surroundings are the overriding requirement for the entire department.
- Timely delivery of support services including preparing and packing down for School activities
- Contribute to the development of the relevant data on FM and BMS databases (MEX)
- Undertake maintenance work orders and, where required, brief and supervise contractors
- Ensure accurate and timely adherence to the Facilities Teams policies, tasks and processes
- Contribute to the maintenance of policies and procedure manual of the Facilities Team
- Provide support to the School as allocated by the Maintenance Manager
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in providing building maintenance services to a complex and high use facility
- Enquiring mind and ability to learn new tasks and skills
- Advanced planning skills to deliver multidisciplinary services with competing deadlines and resource requirements
- Capable of providing consistently high level of services in a physically demanding working environment
- Previous experience in building, carpentry, electrical, mechanical or hydraulic services with qualifications or certificates of competency in a trade or building maintenance role
- Proven track record of outstanding customer service skills
- Willingness to undertake repetitive and physically demanding tasks related to setting up areas for functions and school activities in short timeframes
- A Working with Children Check
- Current driver's licence
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should include a resume and cover letter which addresses the criteria/position requirements.
References will be requested for the short-listed applicants.
Cranbrook School is a child safe environment. The School actively promotes the safety and wellbeing of all students, and all staff are committed to protecting students from abuse or harm, in accordance with their legal and ethical obligations. The successful applicant for this position will be required to hold a current NSW Working with Children Check clearance.
CLOSING DATE: 13 MARCH 2020