Temporary Full-time position until May 2021, Pround not-for-profit organisation based in West End, Competitive remuneration & benefits.
About the QNMU
The Queensland Nurses and Midwives Union (QNMU) is the industrial and professional organisation for nurses and midwives working in public and private health and aged care in Queensland. The QNMU seeks to promote and defend the industrial, professional, social, political and democratic interests of over 60,000 members. We have over 160 employees including organisers, professionals and administrative personnel, and manage a multi-million dollar operating budget.
About the Opportunity
We are searching for a talented and passionate Secretary to join our Education team in our Brisbane office on a temporary full-time basis until 28 May 2021.
In this position you will provide quality administrative and secretarial support to the Education team which is primarily responsible for building the capability through educating QNMU members and activists in a range of professional, industrial and workplace advocacy skills.
Key responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Delivering quality administrative and general secretarial support including minute taking and diary management;
- General office management;
- Performing accurate word processing and data entry;
- Preparation of materials as well as rooms and equipment in support of the smooth delivery of education sessions;
- Respond to enquiries from members in relation to QNMU training;
- Maintaining accurate files through the records management system; and
- Booking of travel and accommodation.
Working as part of a busy team, you will possess a professional demeanour with a strong work ethic and the demonstrated ability to multitask, work under pressure, meet deadlines and problem solve. Consistently displaying a collaborative and team-focused to your work, you will the demonstrated ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Education, training and/or relevant experience equivalent to the completion of Year 12 coupled with substantial work experience in a similar office-based role;
- Strong customer service focus with the ability to build rapport;
- Intermediate skills in the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail;
- Prior experience using RecFind or similar records management system an advantage;
- Demonstrated experience in diary management and minute taking (desirable);
- A demonstrated commitment to QNMUs values, purpose and trade unionism in general; and
- A mature, proactive and professional approach to work.
What we Offer
You will be joining a values driven union which advocates for nurses and midwives and for those in their care, offers challenging opportunities and a supportive team environment in addition to a variety of benefits, including:-
- Attractive remuneration package;
- Work/life balance with flexible working arrangements including accrued days off;
- Health and Wellness initiatives including vaccinations;
- Access to a free, confidential counselling service through our EAP provider and;
- Generous leave entitlements.
Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents.
The QNMU is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent, people with a disability and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to be part of an organisation that promotes a diverse and safe workplace environment. Selection for all vacancies is made based on merit.
Closing date: 4pm, Wednesday, 11 March 2020.