Social Media Specialist
- Join one of Australia’s largest health & community care providers
- Opportunity to be creative and tell the Silver Chain story across our platforms
- National role, based in either Perth or Melbourne
We have a newly created opportunity for a highly skilled, and passionate communicator / Journalist to help us to bring the Silver Chain story to life on our owned channels. This will be delivered through creating engaging and compelling content, reflecting our values of Care, Community, Excellence and Integrity.
The role will require your photography, video and written skills to support our strategy, campaigns, messaging or relevant story. You are experienced in writing and delivering social media strategy and understand how to optimise the use of different platforms. You are comfortable with managing Silver Chain’s social media activity around the clock, responding and escalating where required.
Silver Chain is one of Australia’s largest not-for-profit health and community care providers nationally, so whether you are based in Perth or Melbourne this role will involve travel but ideally you will be supported by colleagues on the opposite coast.
- Design and deliver a best practice strategy for optimising SCG’s social media and digital channels.
- Ongoing management and improvement of social media and digital channels to extend reach and influence.
- Provide input and oversight to leadership and employee communications.
- Ensure consistent quality of communication across digital channels
- Storytelling focus making clients and staff the hero, using brand narrative and key messaging
- Contribute to implementing SCG’s internal communications framework.
- Produce regular and/or ad hoc internal communications (depending on requirements) and publish on digital channels – news items and corporate information.
- Support the development of a community of advocates, able to link the team in with stories; participate on social media.
- Support Executive team communications existing requirements or support team to establish leadership profiles and communications channels.
- Contribute to the planning and development of communication campaigns that use a multichannel approach i.e. leadership communications; events; social media; media as required.
- Contribute to/lead the development and implementation of strategically significant communication campaigns using a multi-channel approach and working with key stakeholders, project partners, SCG exec as required.
- Contribute to monthly reporting using best practice methodology.
- Participate and support key projects, as identified.
- Tertiary qualifications in communication, public relations / Journalism or approved equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a communication environment
- Written communication: Exceptional written communication skills, ability to write using clear, concise, compelling and grammatically correct language tailored to the needs of specific external audiences, styles and formats.
- Verbal communication: Excellent verbal communications and ability to engage with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Filming, editing and photography
- Strategic capability: Ability to design and deliver content to support the priorities of an enterprise strategy
- Reporting: ideally uses Google Analytics to measure effectiveness
- Stakeholder management: Ability to build and maintain strong personal and virtual relationships and networks
- Project management: Manages multiple projects and tasks using strong project management skills.
- Quality: Excellent attention to detail; self-manages to ensure a strong focus on quality; committed to delivering high quality outcomes.
- Creativity and innovation: Generate new ideas; draws on a range of information sources to identify new ways of doing things
- Initiative and accountability: proactive and self-starting
- Demonstrated computer literacy
Under the Aged Care act 1997, successful candidates will be required to provide a satisfactory National Police Clearance prior to commencement.
- Salary packaging of up to $15,899 to reduce your taxable income
- Health Care benefits
- Social Club – discounted tickets for movies, the zoo and more (dependant on location)
How to apply
Please note that unsolicited applications from agencies will not be accepted.
About Silver Chain
We help people of all ages to receive the care they need so they can continue to live independently at home. We focus on individual strengths and abilities and offer our support and guidance where needed.
We have a proud history of serving Australians for over 110 years in Western Australia and more than 120 years as RDNS in South Australia. We currently deliver our services in Western Australia, South Australia, Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria.
Our services include specialist nursing, palliative care, home care and support services, home hospital and allied health services, such as physiotherapy, podiatry and speech pathology. We also have a range of equipment including personal alarms and other technology-based support to assist clients of all ages.
We work with the Federal Government and various state and local governments and non-government organisations to provide our services in the community. We are proud of our history, innovation and leading services and are excited about our future.
Applications Close: 16/03/2020 12:00:00 AM