$101,576 + 15% superannuation, 12 month opportunity, Full-time, Canberra location with free parking.
Evoenergy is an electricity and gas distribution business that is committed to providing safe and reliable services to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). We believe in safety for our consumers and employees and by investing in our people, technology and other innovations we strive to exceed our consumers needs now and into the future.
We boast a positive safety culture that encourages and inspires because the work we do matters to thousands of Canberrans. We have skilled teams of qualified professionals who are passionate about powering our community.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who embraces and fosters a culture that supports diversity, inclusion and respect, where people are empowered to fulfil their potential. We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives and backgrounds, and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people that identify as LGBTIQ+, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Our Customer Delivery Group is looking for a Project Engineer who has a passion for working with stakeholders, can champion our customer centric philosophy, be a team player in a small professional engineering team and can utilise their engineering skills in a dynamic environment to deliver project outcomes and a positive customer experience.
As a Project Engineer, you will be a member of a team providing sound engineering analysis whilst formulating design/project briefs that meet both the customers requirements and optimise our existing electricity network infrastructure.
You will be responsible for:
- The engineering and customer interface related activities for assigned customer initiated projects
- For reviewing and approving Design Approvals and Building Approvals
- Providing technical advice and support to customer requests and internal stakeholders
We would like you to have:
- An Advanced Diploma, or equivalent, in Electrical Engineering (essential), or Degree in Electrical Engineering (preferred)
- Demonstrated experience in design for electricity distribution projects focused on distribution networks, including overhead and underground networks
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the regulatory environment relating to the electricity distribution industry
- Demonstrated experience in solving complex problems
Why should you work for us
We boast a positive team culture that encourages and inspires. We offer generous salary and benefits including competitive pay, subsidised gym memberships, leadership and professional development programs, staff rewards, recognition programs and much more...
About our application process:
You should apply through our e-Recruitment portal uploading a resume and cover letter. Your cover letter should outline the key skills and experiences that you can bring to this role as well as your experience in network design within the electricity industry.
Applications close Sunday 22 March 2020
Thinking about the move to Canberra
Canberra is the capital of the ACT. It has a population of 400,000 and is a modern city with a cosmopolitan feel. It offers all the city services and lifestyle amenities of a world-class capital, as well as being settled beside the alpine mountains and southeast coast which makes it an exceptional location for adventure.