We have both a fixed term and a permanent opportunity for a Mechanical Tradesperson to join our Asset Maintenance team. These roles will be based at Hinze Dam at the Gold Coast and provide maintenance services across Seawater’s Southern Regions.
Your new position
Reporting to our Supervisor Mechanical and Civil we are looking for a candidate who can provide mechanical/civil services in relation to the operation, maintenance, refurbishment and augmentation of Seqwater’s Mechanical and Civil assets.
You will provide supervision of trade resources, technical advice and support and participate in the effective planning, scheduling and coordination of preventative, non-routine maintenance activities and refurbishment programs.
Full details available on the position description at careers.seqwater.com.au
To be successful in this role you must have a trade qualification as a Mechanical Fitter, Fitter and Turner or equivalent trade suitable to undertake the duties of the role. You must maintain a Current “C” class Queensland Drivers Licence.
In addition, you will demonstrate:
- Extensive experience in the field of Mechanical repair ideally gained in Water Assets.
- Experience in identifying the resource requirements necessary to perform maintenance tasks.
- Knowledge of processes used to assess the condition of the assets and establish the most appropriate maintenance regime for the assets
- Be self-motivation and have the ability to work autonomously when required
- Additional licenses and tickets that will be highly regarded:
- Medium rigid (or above) vehicle licence
- Elevated Work Platform
What’s great about Seqwater
We are committed to providing our people a dynamic work environment with a range of benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration and benefits including up to 12.75% superannuation
- Diversity of jobs and career progression opportunities
- A team orientated work environment
- A range of Health & Wellbeing services and initiatives for staff
- Flexible working arrangements
This position has been graded in accordance with Seqwater's EBA as a Trade Officer with a salary will be dependent on experience and qualification
To submit your application
Submit your cover letter and CV via the Apply button.
A criminal history check will be undertaken prior to an offer being made for this position.
Applications close: 5.00pm, Thursday, 12th March 2020