Small, family-owned pub in Toowoomba, Are you a financial whizz with superb attention to detail, Permanent role of 35+ hours per week, competitive salary on offer.
Classic Recruitment & Human Resources is now recruiting for an experienced Bookkeeper/Operations Assistant who is genuinely keen to also perform a range of administrative tasks.
Our client is The Royal Hotel, one of Toowoomba's oldest pubs which has been serving the community of North Toowoomba since the 1890's.
The Royal on Ruthven is in a new phase of it's long history and the patrons are loving the genuinely friendly staff and great service.
This role is a diverse one!
Essentially it is an accounts processing one where attention to detail in everything you do is key.
Reporting to the Owners, you will play an integral role in the day-to-day financial and administrative functions.
Due to the nature of this busy role, it is essential that applicants possess a proven Accounting background with an ability to hit the ground running, working proactively in a busy team.
The Successful Candidate
You will be a well-rounded team player, possess a robust and pragmatic personality style while also being able to manage competing priorities successfully.
This role is all about the right attitude and hard work. It is hands-on; to be successful, you will have an exceptional eye for detail, reconciliations will be your passion!
Importantly, you will be genuinely keen to dig deep and help out in any administrative capacity. If you are looking for a number crunching only role - please do not apply!
Personally, you will be approachable and friendly, adept at managing competing priorities, possess an agility in the way you think, have strong attention to detail and genuinely enjoy the complexities of a dynamic hospitality venue.
What you will be doing:
- Processing accounts payable, receivables and payroll (35 employees)
- Bank & GL reconciliations and processing of daily banking
- Monthly sales processing and month end reporting
- Statutory obligations processing; BAS, PAYG, SGC
- A variety of administrative tasks
The Skills You Will Need:
You will possess a high level of organisation and pride yourself on your analytical mind and ability to problem solve.
- Tertiary qualifications (eg. Diploma of Accounting or similar)
- 3+ years of Bookkeeping / Accounting experience
- Engaging communication skills, both verbal and written
- Current Queensland C Class Licence
- Current RSA or RMLV (Ideally)
- Xero accounting software (Ideally)
Microsoft software skills including Word, Excel (Intermediate) and Outlook are a must.
In return you will secure:
- a permanent, full time role
- Monday to Friday work week is typical
- attractive remuneration opportunity
- a supportive and professional, team-oriented environment
Click on Apply Now and send through your cover letter and resume. Applications will close by Sunday 22 March 2020.
Preliminary interviews will be held in person at the Classic offices in Toowoomba or via Skype/similar.
While an immediate start is available, our client is also willing to wait for the right candidate.
Classic Recruitment & Human Resources is a boutique company specialising in human resource and recruitment solutions. Based in Toowoomba and working across regional, rural and metropolitan areas, we support candidates and clients to find the *right fit*.
- Equality | We embrace diversity. Like Classic, our clients are equal opportunity employers.
- Sincerity | We support clients and candidates to harness their strengths, providing honest advice and practical solutions.
- Encouragement | We support clients and candidates to be confident and to achieve their goals.
- Integrity | We inspire our clients and candidates to follow best practice and to do the *right thing*.
- Ageless We welcome applications from all age groups, ageism doesnt exist at Classic!
We welcome ongoing expressions of interest from job seekers. If you are looking for a role and dont feel this is the right one for you, click here to visit our website and register as a Classic candidate.