ABOUT THE SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE
The Sydney Opera House is an iconic Australian institution that embodies beauty, inspiration and the liberating power of art and ideas.
Our vision is to be as bold and inspiring as the Opera House itself.
Our mission is twofold:
- To treasure and renew the Opera House for future generations of artists, audiences and visitors; and
- To inspire, and strengthen the community, through everything we do.
For more information about the Sydney Opera House please refer to our website.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Production Assistant is responsible for providing a range of administration services to support the Event Operations & Planning team in the efficient and effective delivery of all Events at the Sydney Opera House.
This position provides support and assistance to the Head of Event Operations & Planning, Production Managers and Account Managers in the delivery of services to all presenters & hirers at the Sydney Opera House
Further more detailed information about the role and its requirements can be obtained from the role description.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Previous experience and/or education in the performing arts industry
- Proven interpersonal and high level communication skills (written, verbal and presentation) with internal and external stakeholders.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft office including Word, Excel and scanning software and highly competent keyboard skills.
- An ability to work independently and as a member of a team to deliver competing priorities within deadlines
- Ability to use own initiative and excellent attention to detail
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- A positive outlook and willingness to learn
- Practical experience in the use of databases preferable.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are asked to include an up to date resume of no more than five pages which clearly details your relevant skills and experience and how they relate to the requirements and capabilities for the role. Applicants are also asked to address their suitability in a covering letter of no more than two pages addressing the following two targeted questions:
- This role assists on delivering multiple tasks simultaneously on strict timelines whilst also managing a number of daily administrative responsibilities. What practices, methods and tools have you previously used to ensure you are effective in this type of environment
- What is your experience within live theatre and events
Only applicants who apply online and submit a suitable cover letter addressing the targeted questions will be considered for this position.
Sydney Opera House welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultural backgrounds, people with disability, and members of the LGBTQIA+ community.
To be eligible to apply for this position, applicants must have existing Australian work rights.
Applications will not be accepted from recruitment agencies.
Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory National Police Check and Pre-Employment Health Assessment .
Please contact the Jobs NSW Helpdesk on 1800 562 679 should you have any technical enquiries.
Job Status: Temporary Fixed Term (3 months, commencing ASAP)
Position No: SOH1564
Salary: Base salary of $62,209 per annum pro rata, plus 9.5% superannuation contributions
Applications Close: Wednesday, 18 March 2020, 11:59pm