Leading Anglican girl's school in Hobart, Central CBD location, Immediate start.
About St Michael's Collegiate
St Michael's Collegiate is an outstanding K to 12 Anglican day and boarding school for girls. For over 125 years, young women have been part of an exceptional learning community celebrated for its rich blend of academic excellence, sporting endeavours, creative arts and co-curricular activities. Set in the picturesque city of Hobart, Collegiate provides a world class education in a unique corner of the globe known for its scenic beauty, history and warm sense of community.
About the role
- Full-time, immediate start
Located on the Senior School campus, the position provides direct support to the Director of Studies and Student Learning, particularly in the areas of daily organisation and implementation of casual teaching staff arrangements. The role assists in the Timetabling process in maintaining Timetabler and Student Options database including entering student enrolment data and producing reports when required.
The nature of the Daily Organiser component of this role requires the position holder to be on call and commence work from home at 7:00am. Normal office hours then follow from 8:00am to 4:00pm.
The role requires the position holder to be accessible by mobile phone from 6:45am every day during school terms.
The role in addition also provides administrative support to the Head of Senior School and staff as required.
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate must have:
- Highly developed computer skills in Excel and data management are essential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with using timetabling and/or school management software packages to
- manage the daily organisers work
- Experience in using database systems, with Synergetic (desirable)
- Prior experience in a school or educational environment (desirable)
- The ability to work effectively in a high-pressure environment
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise tasks
- Ability to display initiative and work without supervision.
- Ability to proactively identify and provide solutions for potential and actual problem issues
- Willingness and ability to work in a flexible manner within a team environment and be available for contact outside of school hours, and;
- Be supportive of the School's Christian ethos and values
Remuneration is paid under School Administrative Services (SAS) Level 4 of the St Michael's Collegiate School (General and Early Childhood Education and Care Staff) Enterprise Agreement 2018.
St Michaels Collegiate School is an organisation committed to Child Protection and to the implementation of Childsafe policies and practices.
The successful applicant will be subject to a Working With Vulnerable Persons Check and Criminal History Records Check where applicable. Our organisation undertakes several screening processes to ensure the appropriate protection of children in its care. This includes reference checks, qualification checks and professional registration checks.
It is conditional of employment that the successful applicant
- Hold and maintain current Tasmanian Working With Vulnerable Persons check (RWVP) or the ability to obtain
- Gain a satisfactory National Police clearance
- Be authorised to work in Australia
- Undertake mandatory child safety training
by: COB Thursday 19 March 2020
All applications must include:
- Application for Employment Form
- Cover letter
- CV / Resume
- 2 professional referees