Provide assistance to Works crews moving materials, Part of Council's Fleet & Resource pool, Work life balance - 9 day fortnight.
A region the size of Tasmania, just 2.5 hours west of Brisbane and an easy drive from the Sunshine and Gold Coasts, the Western Downs has a growing population of over 34,000 people.
The regions diverse economy, vibrant active communities and the extensive infrastructure and multi-billion dollar energy investments are ensuring that the Western Downs continues to go from strength-to-strength.
Western Downs Regional Council is one of only a handful of Councils in the state of Queensland to be debt-free.
Council is very proud of this immense achievement which it had been working towards since 2015, proving itself to be one of the most financially prudent Councils in Queensland.
About the Role
Based in Chinchilla, you will be responsible for undertaking Plant Operator - Truck & Dog works with Council's maintenance and construction crews and assists in moving materials
Reporting to the Resource Supervisor, you will:
- provide a high standard of skill of operating skills as a Truck & Dog driver; and
- have demonstrated previous experience in the operation of plant and machinery.
The successful applicant will have:
- a minimum HC (Heavy Combination) Drivers Licence, or willingness to obtain on commencement;
- a Construction White Card;
- a strong awareness of relevant safety standards and requirements;
- possess good time management skills and the capability to complete allocated tasks while working within a team; and
- be physically fit and enjoy manual labour.
What we offer:
- Access to Corporate Health Plan
- Health & Wellbeing program
- Locality allowance
- Job security in a local government position
If you enjoy working in the outdoors and have a passion for working in a team to construct and maintain our Community's infrastructure, this role is for you. TOGETHER WE MAKE A REAL DIFFERENCE
For a full position description copy and paste the below URL into a browser.
Applications close at 5.00pm AEST on Thursday 26 March 2020.
The recruitment process may include candidates completing a pre-employment health declaration and you may be required to undergo a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing.
Applicants for this position agree to WDRC conducting an independent employment check with your current (or most recent) employer prior to your formal appointment to the advertised position.
Western Downs Regional Council reserves the right to close or withdraw vacancies before the advertised closing date, or extend, without prior notice.