Department of Communities and Justice
Corrective Services NSW
Overseer Trade Supervisor - Facilities Maintenance - General Maintenance (Building) Ongoing, Full time - Silverwater Correctional Centre Complex
- Great Career Opportunity in Government
- Ongoing Full-Time
- Location: Silverwater Correctional Centre Complex
- Overseer, Salary ($80,795), plus employers contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading. An Incidental Allowance of $3,169 pa is also applied.
The Department of Justice delivers legal, court and supervision services to the people of NSW by managing courts and justice services, implementing programs to reduce crime and re offending, managing custodial and community-based correctional services, protecting rights and community standards and advising on law reform and legal matters.
Corrective Services NSW employs trade Overseers, Senior Overseers and Managers in Corrective Services Industries (CSI) providing inmates in correctional centres with vocational training in service and commercial industries to improve their employment opportunities when they are released from custody. Employment is a proven factor in reducing the risk of re-offending.
About the role:
- Supervise and develop inmates through managing, coaching, instructing and encouraging them, as members of a team, in order that they may improve their work skills, enhance their post-release employment prospects and contribute productively to Service/Business Unit objectives.
- Oversee the activities of the team to ensure productivity efficiency and other commercial objectives are achieved, and that quality and safety requirements and customer needs are met.
- Current Certificate III in Correctional Practice or capacity to complete Certificate III in Correctional Practice in accordance with specified CSNSW timeframes
- Current NSW drivers license and preparedness to drive a vehicle in the course of performing the role.
- Relevant qualifications in building or construction trade and possess current Contractor Licence or Supervisor Licence where applicable. Certificate III trade qualification minimum.
- Must be willing to work across trades in a flexible manner.
The ideal candidate for this role will meet the Essential Requirements above and have:
- Experience in preventative maintenance procedures and systems
- Experience managing persons
- Experience managing minor projects
- Willingness to participate in cyclic on-call roster
- Willingness to work in a team environments
Click here to download the role description.
Applying for the role:
To apply for this role you need to submit an application online via www.iworkfor.nsw.gov.au
When applying you will need to:
1. Answer the two pre-screening questions below we are looking for you to demonstrate your competency in this focus capability.
2. Attach a resume (maximum 5 pages)
3. Attach a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) outlining how you meet the requirements and capabilities of this role as specified in the role description.
4. Attach a copy of your qualifications
Closing date: 29th of March 2020
A talent pool may be created for future ongoing and temporary roles and is valid for a period of up to 18 months.
The Department of Justice is committed to building a workplace that values and supports diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of women, people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
The Department encourages applications from people with disability and will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment process and in the workplace. If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please call or email the contact person listed below, and also advise us of your preferred method of communication.