- Full time, Continuing position
- HEO4 $62,549 – $66,175 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
- Based at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
About the role
This position will provide administrative support to International Recruitment staff with respect to the conversion of prospective students into the university.
The position will undertake duties to enhance the attractiveness of the university towards prospective international students through engagements by email, phone, and social media. Manage the inquiries received by the university and undertake set activities and approaches to maximize conversion into enrolments to achieve international business goals.
Responsibilities will include:
- Engagement of prospective students through correspondence i.e. Phone, emails, social media, which are received through direct and agent applications
- Ensure database is regularly maintained to maximise conversion
- Prepare and send approved correspondences to prospective international students across identified markets
- Recording all prospective student information on student files
- Assisting with the processing of scholarship applications
- Provide regular updates on recruitment staff on the status of applications
- Generate regular updates on the progress of student inquiries received by the university
- Liaise and maintain good relations with University agents/representatives regarding progress of applications, payment of fees, University entry requirements and other relevant matters
Skills & Experience
To be successful you will have:
- High-level computer literacy including knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet packages, experience with database systems and online communications
- Familiarity with ESOS legislation and Immigration regulations as they relate to international students and education providers
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to handle more than the one priority at a time
- Demonstrated experience managing the activities of self and/or others including coaching
- Possess initiative and the ability to work with minimum supervision
- Proven effective communication and interpersonal skills, especially in the areas of sales (Desirable).
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply
Closing date: Sunday 22nd March 2020 at 11.55pm
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities:
We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can assist you in balancing your work and other responsibilities.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.