At Newmont Goldcorp, our purpose is to create value and improve lives through sustainable and responsible mining. One of the largest gold companies in the world, we pride ourselves on our dedication to safety, environmental management, inclusion and diversity, and adding value and opportunity to our host communities.
Boddington offers a unique opportunity to live in the South West, only 130 kms from the Perth CBD and approximately 100kms from the coast so there will be plenty of time to enjoy the lifestyle this area has to offer. The largest gold producer in Australia, you will join a diverse team and have the opportunity to advance your career with an innovative company dedicated to safety, environmental management, inclusion and diversity.
With good rosters and a unique opportunity to live locally and go home each day, we also provide DIDO with accommodation in our Village
About the Role
- Are you a technical specialist who can provide advice and support to projects, maintenance and operations personnel to resolve performance and maintenance issues
- Can you develop project scopes for improvement work and carry out project management tasks as the need arises
We have an opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to join our team at our Boddington operations. This is a Drive-In, Drive-Out opportunity on a 5/2, 4/3 roster.
In This Role You Will
- Ensure the safe operability and maintainability of the electrical aspects of the plant
- Review systems, procedures and practices for the maintenance of the electrical equipment across the operation and ensure that site standards and statutory requirements are met
- Ensure statutory compliance for all electrical installations, equipment and works across the site
- Develop, maintain and implement site electrical technical standards
- Establish safe work procedures and training packages for personnel in major electrical works such as HV switching, isolation and testing
- Provide technical input and participate in developing condition and performance monitoring systems for critical equipment
Your Skills, Knowledge and Experience Checklist
- University degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 10 years of post graduate experience in a large scale, complex processing facility or heavy industrial site electrical maintenance and operations
- Have obtained CPEng status or be working towards CPEng with an expectation of completing this within one year of employment starting
- Demonstrated experience in industrial control and instrumentation systems
- Advanced knowledge of relevant statutory regulations and standards and experience implementing them in a dynamic work environment
- Proven ability to write repair specifications for HV equipment and ensuring that appropriate Quality Assurance and Quality Control standards are applied by vendors
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that allows every person to thrive, participate, grow, and proudly play an active role in achieving our strategy.
Newmont Goldcorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, placing and promoting the best individual for each position without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation, etc.
We invite women and applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply, particularly persons of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent. Newmont Goldcorp acknowledges Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respects their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.
Note: Newmont Goldcorp does not ask individuals to pay money to apply or be considered for employment or to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal.