Fast growing Australian company, Excellent exposure across planning and project management, Front-end estimation role.
About The Role
We are looking for a Technical Estimator to join our Project and Manufacturing team in Brisbane. This position presents an exciting opportunity to work with major Australian and international mining and engineering companies and take ownership of the estimation and production planning functions.
Responsibilities for the role include:
- Providing accurate and timely estimations to Sales
- Providing technical product data, designing solutions and troubleshooting issues for Sales and Customer Support teams
- Interpreting detailed engineering drawings
- Coordinating project orders and delivering on spec, on time and on budget
- Materials sourcing and supplier negotiation
- Continually striving to improve our costing models and how we do business
Our ideal candidate will be motivated and looking to make their mark on a high-growth company. We recruit primarily for motivation, capability and fit (so unconventional star performers apply here).
The skills and experience you will need to apply for this role are:
- Proven previous success in a technical estimating environment (preferably in mining industry or suppliers to mining industry)
- Ability to read and interpret detailed engineering drawings
- Discipline in your approach / process
Why Join the Beaver Team
At Beaver Group we are doing something that matters. And we are doing it fast.
Joining us gives you the opportunity to take the next step to accelerate your career at a highly-successful, fast-growing company. You will have immediate exposure to your estimating, planning and project management responsibilities in a real world manufacturing setting. Whilst you will report directly to our Head of Manufacturing, you will be supported by a team of Engineers and Product Managers.
Youll be located at our Project and Manufacturing facility in Salisbury (10 mins South of Brisbane CBD). Working out of our purpose-built offices that are close to the action, you will have extensive exposure to innovative manufacturing and technology of which you will become a key player. We celebrate our successes with Friday drinks, regular team events, plus the buzz that comes when youre winning and growing fast.
Our Core Values are super important to us. Before you consider applying for this role, you should watch the attached Core Values video. This will give you a very good idea of whether the Beaver team is the right fit for you.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please submit your cover letter and resume through our recruitment platform by clicking Apply. Please note applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Applications close at 4:00pm on 6th March 2020.
Thank you for your interest in this role and the Beaver team.