Join an iconic organisation and make a difference!, Immediate start available - Brisbane airport location, Attractive remuneration & salary packaging benefits.
Whenever and wherever people in Queensland need us the most, we’re there. That’s how it’s been for almost a century.
Join us and help us keep it that way.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia (RFDS) is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world. Using the latest in aviation, medical and communications technology, RFDS delivers extensive primary healthcare and 24-hour emergency service, from nine strategic bases, to those who live, work and travel throughout Australia.
About the role
- Full-time, permanent (part-time and job share arrangement would be considered for the right candidates)
- Corporate Office (5-7 Lobelia Circle, Brisbane Airport)
Due to an internal promotion, a rare and exciting opportunity presents within the RFDS (Queensland Section) Brisbane Corporate Office for an organised and self-motivated individual to join the team on a full-time, permanent basis as our new Receptionist & Office Coordinator.
The Receptionist and Office Coordinator is the first point of contact for the RFDS Corporate Office. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, greeting visitors in person, responding to incoming calls, travel coordination and general office duties. Reporting to the Manager, Office of the CEO, this role works closely with internal stakeholders to ensure office operations run smoothly at all times.
Who we are looking for
This role is perfect for a people person with a willingness and desire to create amazing experiences for our employees and visitors every day. To be successful in this role you will have previous experience working in a busy office environment, possess excellent computer skills, be customer focused and have methodical work practise. You will also possess:
- An excellent telephone manner with the ability to build strong relationships with employees and visitors
- Excellent computer skills with an understanding of industry specific processes and practices, software, telephones, franking machines, photocopiers etc
- Prior experience with extensive travel coordination
- The ability to communicate effectively and possess active listening skills
- A meticulous eye for detail
- The ability to work autonomously and accomplish tasks without supervision
- A self-motivated, positive attitude and is able to use their own initiative
- A passion for process improvement and the ability to find creative ways to ensure the office runs effectively and smoothly
There are also three ‘must-haves’ that we look for in every employee of RFDS (Queensland section). We want people who:
- Are passionate about providing the finest care to people in Queensland;
- Go above and beyond to drive a positive, cohesive team culture – helping each other to help others;
- Embrace the challenges our organisation faces - have the motivation to help us thrive in a competitive, commercial, KPI-driven environment
This role will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug and alcohol test and will be subject to a criminal history check.
Why join us
In return for your skills, energy and commitment to our mission, we offer you the opportunity to make a real impact in Queensland communities and truly help others. You will be working with people who are passionate about our purpose and proud of their contribution to our iconic organisation. Critically, you are also helping ensure our organisation is efficient, effective and sustainable now and in the future.
Your contribution will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package plus salary packaging arrangements. In addition, you’ll have the unique opportunity to speak to people who have been directly impacted by our life-saving service and see how your work positively impacts communities.
Application close COB Friday 13 March 2020
*Shortlisting and telephone interviews may take place during the advertising period*
The RFDS is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.