5/2, 4/3 Residential Roster
- Aeris Resources Limited is a mining and exploration company with two underground copper mines, both within the Tritton Mines operation located near Nyngan in central NSW.
- We are a deep, high tonnage stoping and trucking operation, currently the largest of its type in NSW.
- We have a willingness to try new things, think outside the box and allow you to explore new ideas.
Reporting to the HSET manager, you will be responsible for Health, Safety & Training, supporting Tritton Operations. The successful candidate will be required to have a comprehensive understanding of the relevant industry legislation, experience with training systems as well as the coordination andimplementation of Health and Safety programs. Key responsibilities include:
Strong understanding of training systems
Liaising with line management, consultants and Government bodies
Moderate and support incident investigations Maintain a safe, compliant system of work in the workplace.
Identify the needs of leaders/H&S Representatives and coach, mentor, and support them to improve their knowledge, skills and performance with health and safety matters
Support line management to ensure that all OHS safety requirements adhered to, in compliance with all internal and external expectations statutory regulations
Actively drive a safety culture which is based on the management of risk, by showing personal leadership and promoting conformance to HSES standards and procedures
Assist with the facilitation of incidents and the gathering of the required information.
Be actively involved in the Tritton Audit process
Contribute to the implementation, execution and improvement of the Tritton Health, Safety and Environment procedures and activities.
Provide leadership by demonstrating and facilitating Tritton core values.
Champion safety at and attend the monthly department H&S meetings, pre-start meetings and other meetings that may have relevant safety subject matter.
Provide advice and recommendations to Mine management on H&S issues affecting Department performance.
Collate statistical data and provide analysis of data to identify emerging trends and issues.
Assist in the facilitation of Risk Assessments
Monitor programs and key performance indicators.
- At least 5 years' experience in the Health and Safety field.
- At least 3 years' experience in an advisory role.
- Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- Proficient using Microsoft Office programmes
- Desirable experience in the Bowtie software, INX and auditing
- Possess a Current Drivers Licence
- A demonstrated commitment to health and safety with in-depth knowledge of legislative requirements
- Previous experience in a similar role in the Underground Mining sector is desirable