Opportunity to influence forest management across functions, Large-scale planting program and introducing specialised scheduling software, Great regional town of Tumut.
- Ability to work in the renewable forest industry and influence forest management across functions
- Work in a diverse and inclusive team
- Great regional town of Tumut
The Softwood Plantations Division of Forestry Corporation of NSW is Australia's largest grower of plantation pine, managing over 225,000 hectares across NSW. The Tumut Management Area produces approximately 1 million tonnes per annum of plantation grown logs used predominately for sawmilling and manufacture of packaging products. You can discover more about Forestry Corporation & the work we do by visiting www.forestrycorporation.nsw.com.au [link removed] .
This Operational Scheduler role is based in Tumut, a leafy and scenic regional town in South West Slopes of New South Wales, Australia. With a new hospital and access to good medical services, schools, daycares, and the gateway to adventure across the seasons including skiing, mountain biking, kayaking, trout fishing, winery and breweries. Why not come and live in a holiday destination Discover more at https://visitsnowyvalleys.com.au/
The Operational Scheduler is strategically important role as the conduit between forest resources and operational functions, balancing and finding solutions to short term scheduling challenges whilst ensuring we meet our strategic goals including long term sustainability of our resource. It is responsible for preparation and maintenance of Operational Schedules for roading, harvesting and establishment including continued cross functional consultation. This role supervisors our field planning (harvest planning) activities which build the foundation for future operations.
This is an exceptional opportunity to be a part of our rebuild as we embark on a large-scale planting program and introduce our specialised scheduling software (Remsoft Operational Scheduler)
The successful candidate will be great with data whilst being able to see the big picture and solve challenges with a strong ability to interact with a diverse client group and lead decision making.
You may be a veteran, or new to the forest industry but we would love to hear from you if you have;
- Energy and enthusiasm to constantly improve;
- Demonstrated leadership skills, you may have experience managing staff or client relationships;
- Demonstrated experience with EXCEL and ideally database skills and ability to adapt to specialist software programs, you may come from a logistics/supply chain environment;
- Demonstrated experience in analysing complex problems and issues and recommend preferred solutions;
- Exceptional communication skills coupled with strong negotiation skills and ability to collaborate with others;
- Experience in coordinating forest operations is ideal but not essential;
- A current drivers licence;
- Willingness and ability to undertake active frontline firefighting duties (training provided) and be available for afterhours fire standby on a rostered basis.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit an application that tells us what you can bring to Forestry Corporation, how you can meet the requirements of the role, and why you would like to join our team.
Closing date: Applications must be received by Sunday 16 May 2021.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a medical assessment and drug and alcohol screening as part of the recruitment process. As this role has frontline fire fighting responsibilities a Task Based Assessment (TBA) at a standard of at least the Moderate Field Test is required.
Forestry Corporation is an inclusive workplace which promotes diversity and encourages flexible working arrangements.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and encourage females to apply for this role.