Australia's oldest vehicle restoration firm established in 1965., Multi-skilled team undertaking advanced works on 1900s to 1980s vehicles., In the picturesque Adelaide Hills and only 20 minutes from the Old Toll-Gate..
- Finch Restorations, established 1965, is Australia's oldest car restoration firm.
- Multi-skilled team undertaking advanced works on pre-1990s cars, trucks & motorcycles.
- Vehicles from Australia, USA, Europe, Asia, and UK spanning 1900s to the 1980s.
Using your existing skills as a project manager, automotive commercial manager, assessor, senior technician, or service adviser, manage a portfolio of restoration projects for vehicles spanning a century of automotive progress and history, vehicle sub-systems, and associated supporting trades and suppliers.
About the business and the role
Finch Restorations is Australias oldest car restoration business and, with approximately 30 personnel, is potentially Australias largest. We are head-quartered at Mount Barker in the picturesque Adelaide Hills just 20 minutes along the S.E. Freeway from the Old Toll Gate.
Over our four sites in Mount Barker, we typically have 30-50 concurrent projects ranging in magnitude from 40 hours to 4,000 hours of effort each. These projects range from designing and building bespoke vehicles, restoring and customising cars, trucks and motorcycles, overhauls and installations of mechanical systems, motor-trimming, timber bodies manufacture and repairs, rust repairs of bodyshells, reverse engineering of obsolete components.
With the continuing growth of our business, we seek a full time Project Manager to join our Project Management Office.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Manage and lead a portfolio of assigned projects from project initiation through to final vehicle delivery and project closure.
- Communicate with customers, suppliers, team members and other stakeholders.
- Produce periodic project reports and manage project commercial matters.
Experience and skills:
- Experience in project planning and management in the manufacturing, engineering, or automotive sectors.
- Strong critical thinking and organisational skills, and able to plan and lead a vehicle restoration project.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, able to engage and negotiate with customers, team members.
- Experience in scoping, defining tasks and the generation and issuing of workorders.
- Able to identify procurement needs for a project and implement the timely identification and procurement of parts (typically with assistance of other team members).
- Experience in preparation of project reports and invoices.
- Have a good computer literacy with the MS Office suite and able to use an ERP system.
Personal Requirements & Attitude:
- Enthusiastic and organised with a positive outlook, 'can do' attitude and ability to work effectively as a confident team member.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Tech savvy.
- Have patience and a good sense of humour.
- Takes pride in their work.
- Good time management skills.
- Aptitude for recognising change needs and implementing change.
Why work for Finch
It is a great, and growing, team environment. Our team is multi-skilled and has a passion for the professional preservation and restoration of vehicles.