We provide a personalised delivery service of delicate gourmet biscuits!
This is not your everyday delivery driver job! Best suited to a mature age person looking to fill their time working for a vibrant family business.
This is a long-term position and benefits (super, leave etc.) will be paid.
- Applicants must be fit, neat and tidy and enjoy interacting with customers! And of course, love being behind the wheel.
- Three (3) days per week on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. Approx 8 to 9 hours per day, starting at 7am. Deliveries split into morning and afternoon run.
- Company branded vehicle and insurance provided.
- The successful applicant will be provided with full training and the opportunity to accompany/shadow our current driver on delivery runs.
- There is a six-month probation period as it is extremely important that we find the right fit for our business.
- Immediate start and free street parking is available at the van pick-up point in Mt Claremont.
- We are an equal opportunity employer.
Question you MUST answer to be considered.
To be considered for this role please answer the following question in your application cover letter:
What is one personal attribute that makes you perfect for this role and why
Key Job Requirements
Candidates must be able to:
- Efficiently plan driving route (night before).
- Double and triple check run sheet and invoices to ensure all orders are packed and delivered on-time, the first-time, every-time.
- Efficiently pack delivery van for morning and afternoon delivery runs.
- Handle the product with extreme care to avoid breakage.
- Follow simple recurring delivery notes and special instructions.
- Collect returns of biscuit containers and note returns on delivery dockets.
- Build rapport with customers and communicate customer requests/feedback to management.
- Present neat and tidy, as many of our customers are professional firms.
- Form strong relationships with distribution/packing staff and management.
- Handle cash and input receipts into Microsoft Excel.
- Drive safely and respect other road users, as you will be driving a company signed van.
Our business is family-owned and operated. We supply gourmet biscuits, slices and cakes to Perths best hotels, specialty supermarkets, professional firms, schools, and cafes.
We are one of the few food businesses left in Perth that does everything on premises! Raw ingredients arrive at our kitchen and leave as quality fresh baked treats (we deliver too!).
We also operate a Coffee & Biscuit Bar on-site serving specialty coffee and promoting our range of biscuits.
Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics