Dynamic, exciting and growing company, Career development opportunities, Attractive salary package.
About the business
Trace Archaeology are industry leaders in the fields of archaeological, anthropological and ethnographic heritage works in Australia. We provide our clients with high quality archaeological assessments in all areas of engagement including the mining sector, Aboriginal heritage, government (of all levels), heritage architecture and education. Trace Archaeology has a proven track record of delivering successful outcomes in all of these areas, providing services in a manner that provides mutually beneficial results to all stakeholders.
We meet all relevant requirements, and go beyond in terms of making sure all our work is of the highest global standards. We have the latest in state of the art archaeological equipment including GPR, drone photography and photogrammetry.
At Trace Archaeology, our mission is to inspire and empower those around us, while working to protect heritage for future generations. We always stay true to our ethics and values, and lead by example. We always look to delight our clients, not just meet their requirements but surpass every expectation.
About the role
This role offers an attractive salary package (dependent on experience), with opportunity to grow, develop and hone your skills within a highly dynamic, supportive, fun, and welcoming team environment.
As a member of the team, your work will involve time in the field undertaking Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Assessments throughout Western Australia. When not in the field, you will work from either our Cottesloe office or have the opportunity to work from home, while preparing and managing projects.
Benefits and perks
We are a company and team that cares, and will assist you to ensure you achieve your career goals and work-life balance. It is not just about what you can offer us, but how we can help you get where you want to be.
- Join a dynamic, exciting and growing company.
- Open, friendly and caring work environment.
- Never be afraid to forward your ideas, work with professionals that listen and are open to change. Be the change you want to see in the industry.
- Job satisfaction and acknowledgement.
- Career development opportunities.
- Attractive salary package.
Skills and experience
Our new team member must share our core values of Respect, Integrity, Morality, Safety, Innovation, Customer Experience and Results. Additionally, you must fit within our hard-working team that values humour in the face of adversity and a can-do attitude.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic archaeologist ready to step into a Senior role who has:
- A minimum of three years working within heritage consulting or similar industry;
- A tertiary degree in Archaeology with Honours (or equivalent);
- Knowledge of relevant WA heritage legislation;
- Experience leading heritage survey teams;
- Experience in heritage consulting and working alongside traditional owners;
- Experience working in remote areas and awareness of the hazards associated with these environments;
- A valid (manual) driver's license and experience in off-road 4WD driving.
If you have any questions about the role and would like to chat with one of our team members, please do not hesitate to get in touch by emailing:
Applications will be accepted via email and should include a cover letter addressing your suitability for the role and include two professional referees.
We look forward to hearing from you. Lets discover traces of Australia's past together!