Enjoy a rural lifestyle, Enjoy the Kimberley region, Quality onsite accommodation & meals.
About Hancock Agriculture
A world-class agribusiness, Hancock Agriculture, incorporating S. Kidman & Co Pty Ltd and Hancock Prospecting Pty Ltd Services, has a position available for a casual Gardener/Cleaner at Liveringa station in Western Australia.
Hancock Agriculture has a long history in Agriculture. With over 30 properties across Australia, spanning 10 million hectares, we are one of the countrys largest producers of beef with a herd of over 320,000.
Hancock Agriculture provides you a career in an exceptional organisation you can be proud of, whose culture includes, happy healthy cattle are the best cattle. Using practical technology, we are leaders in responsible safety.
About the property
Situated in the West Kimberley region of WA, Liveringa Station spans over 365,000 hectares and is an extensive beef cattle breeding and irrigated farming operation with 25,000 head of high-quality Brangus Cross cattle. The nearest town is Derby.
In a friendly, inclusive and respectful work environment, all team members are valued and play an integral role in the successful and smooth running of the stations. Ongoing training is provided.
About the role
Reporting to the Station Manager, this role is responsible for undertaking various gardening duties including maintaining large, well-established station gardens, along with the general cleaning, tidiness and maintenance of the station's buildings, guest accommodation and communal facilities.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Practical experience in gardening and/or horticulture activities including planting, pruning, trimming, weeding, fertilising, mulching, mowing and watering
- Self-motivation and be able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Good communication, organisational and time management skills
- A strong commitment to workplace health and safety practices
- A current drivers licence
- Chemical Users Accreditation (desirable)
- Trade qualification in a relevant area such as horticulture or landscaping (desirable)
- Experience in the Outback and/or rural locations.
What we offer you:
- Air-conditioned, single room accommodation
- Quality home-cooked meals
- Certainty of remuneration commensurate with experience
- Friendly, supportive team and community environment.
Please note: You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for positions with Hancock Agriculture or S. Kidman & Co.