Friendly Finance team and supportive manager, Global law firm, Full-time, permanent role.
Clyde & Co's Sydney office is currently seeking applications for the role of Billing Officer. Providing national assistance to the Finance team and firm's Partners, the successful applicant will bring a proven track record of success in a comparable law firm Billings role.
About the role
Reporting directly to the National Finance Manager you will have the following responsibilities:
- Prepare & distribute WIP reports to each practice
- Attend to billing administration which includes, but is not limited to:
- editing and finalising bills, including rate verification
- reviewing engagement letters to ensure that bills conform with client billing requirements
- summarising billing information in client Service Level Agreements.
- Attend to e-billing administration which includes, but is not limited to:
- assisting with the set up and maintenance of client e-billing platforms
- upload bills to e-billing platforms.
- Troubleshoot billing issues and escalate to the National Finance Manager where appropriate
- Ensure that billing procedures are being followed and assist with the development, improvement and implementation of billing procedures
- Assist with providing training to fee earners, secretaries and new team members on the billing process.
Skills and experience
- Minimum of 1-2 years' experience in a similar role
- Highly numerate & analytical with excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated with good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of an international organisation
- Flexible with the ability to meet tight deadlines and manage competing priorities
- A positive approach and attitude, shows high levels of initiative and enthusiasm
- Able to challenge the status quo with a continuous improvement mind-set
- Previous experience in a law firm or a professional services environment would be advantageous, and
- A knowledge of Thomson Reuters Elite 3E would be advantageous but not essential.
About the Firm
A pragmatic and dynamic international law firm with a focus on core sectors of infrastructure, insurance, international trade, natural resources and transportation. Clyde & Co is recognised for its work in and with fast-moving and volatile emerging markets, and for a history of managing complex, multi-jurisdictional transactions and disputes. Internationally, with more than 4,000 staff across six continents, we are on the front line for our clients' interests, all over the world. Our culture is one that is based on our integrity, enjoyment of work and a spirit of adventure that runs through everything we do. Clyde & Co is a truly entrepreneurial firm, always seeking new opportunities. We have had a presence in the Asia Pacific region for close to 40 years, during which time we have invested in building a network of market leading specialists who support our clients' international and regional growth strategies. We have over 500 directly-employed staff in-region. Our regional network includes presence in: Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, Chongqing, Ulaanbaatar, New Delhi, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Auckland, Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth, as well as working closely with Clyde & Co offices around the world.
How to apply
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic and progressive firm. If you are interested in this position, please submit your application (including cover letter and resume) via the link below.
Agencies: We have an internal resourcing team responsible for the recruitment of this role and are only accepting direct applications at this time. We are not accepting agency submissions for this role.