Applications are invited for this temporary position at the College to work with the vibrant Performing Arts Department. The successful applicant will be a good communicator, who is organised, willing to learn and enjoys working with young people. Familiarity with the Performing Arts would be desirable, but not essential. Hours of work are usually Monday to Wednesday from 7:30am 3:00pm, Thursday from 7:00am to 3:00pm and Friday from 7:00 to 12:00pm during the school term and allocated staff days. This position is filling a leave vacancy and is currently available for immediate commencement until 25 June 2021.
Skills and Attributes (Selection Criteria)
Applicants must demonstrate the following:
- A commitment to Catholic education in the Marist tradition and a willingness to contribute to the life of the College.
- A visible commitment to excellence through attention to detail while showing initiative in all tasks and duties. A creative and collaborative process-driven mindset with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy in all work undertaken.
- Professional presentation and an ability to liaise knowledgeably and cordially as a central point of contact between staff, students, families and stakeholders.
- A flexible approach to dealing with staff, students, families and stakeholders, and able to work collaboratively and build positive relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and project management skills, supported by proven administrative and organisational experience with a high level of enthusiasm, energy and motivation.
- An understanding of Performing Arts operations and administration, and a technical understanding of Performing Arts resourcing and equipment (especially instrumental music).
- Excellent information technology skills in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher), digital collaboration skills in Google Suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets and Forms), and a capacity to learn school administrative software/databases.
- Capacity to exercise responsibility and independent judgement when finding solutions, and to identify opportunities for supporting teachers in their roles by showing initiative.
The Performing Arts Assistant must meet all legislative and professional requirements including holding current ACT Working with Vulnerable People Registration and a valid driver license.
Terms and Conditions
All conditions of employment are in accordance with the Support Staff (Daramalan College, Marist College Canberra, and St Edmunds College, Canberra) Multi-Enterprise Agreement 2019-2023. The Visual Art Assistant position is classified as Classroom and Learning Support, with the level and step determined by experience and qualifications.
This is a part-time permanent position of 65 hours per fortnight. Hours of duty are Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 3:30pm during the school term and allocated Staff Days.
For information about the duties and nature of the position, or progress of the selection process, enquiries should be directed to Assistant Head of School Staff & Community, Mr Glenn Slater at [email protected] or by phoning the staff office on 62987262.
The College is not required to accept applications that are received after the closing date and time, and reserves the right to appoint by invitation, or to make no appointment at all. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by telephone to arrange an interview.
Closing date for applications is 5pm Wednesday 24 February 2021.
- Provide a cover letter in which you are encouraged to address the selection criteria (maximum of 2 pages).
- Complete the College Application form for Advertised Positions.
- Supply a Curriculum Vitae, including:
- Professional Accreditation
- Applications should be marked confidential and addressed or emailed to:
The College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The successful applicant must hold current ACT Working with Vulnerable People registration prior to commencing employment at Marist College Canberra.