Full time with rostered RDOs, Fully maintained service vehicle, phone, and tablet & OR Laptop, Above award wages competitive within the industry.
We are a passionate and goal driven small business striving for the best end result for our clients. Located in the southern suburbs of Adelaide with our office and workshop based in Seaford, our main clients are within 30km. We diversify across the Industrial, Commercial and Residential sectors.
Due to being well respected in the electrical industry we have a growing number of clients. As a result we are seeking either an Electrical Engineer OR an A class Electrician with specific knowledge in PLC Programming and electrical design. Due to growth of the business this pivotal role is newly created. This position will broaden our horizons and stimulate further growth.
We are excited at the potential our company has to offer this candidate along with the prospective this new position will bring to our company. With a strong vision for the direction of the company, we feel the possibilities our business will be able to offer lead to an exciting future for all involved.
We believe our greatest asset here at Current Electric Solutions is our team members. We pride ourselves on creating a positive culture that offers flexibility, support, knowledge sharing, continued improvement, trust, respect, strong communication and recognition. We strive to bring ongoing opportunities to our team to progress skills and experiences. Our growth is your growth!
About the Role:
This role will be Industrial and commercial focused. Our main clients require your expertise in the quarrying/mining, food/ beverage and industrial refrigeration sectors.
We are pursuing a highly capable individual who can provide strong technical knowledge and support to our team & clients. As apart of this roll you will be creating PLC programs in ladder logic for new projects along with creating new SCADA interface. Utilizing these same skills, you will provide support to our clients by modifying existing PLC logic and utilising this logic to assist in breakdowns either on site or remotely. At times you will be required to make additions or subtractions to existing SCADA setups depending on clients needs. You will be assisting the team on new projects and existing installations by providing Electrical design schematics for instrumentation, control, and power distribution. This role offers great diversity involving you in the Process from start to finish across many sectors. You will see jobs through from initial enquiry through to site commissioning. Some parts of this process will include helping with original work scopes for tenders, client liaising, designing work scopes, analysing data, writing reports, executing works with team members onsite or in the workshop depending on the job at hand. It will be highly desirable if you have the skills to provide design schematics for switchboard/panels including MCCs, MSBs, DBs and control. You will be required to complete your work with sound Knowledge to applicable Australian Standards and have a good eye for detail.
Come join us on our journey, working in a motivating atmosphere!! You will be an integral part of our technical team, collaborating within the team and working autonomously. We Seek a passionate individual who is driven to attain outstanding results, possess quality skills in people management, customer service, time management and is safety minded.
- A relevant technical qualification in electrical engineering and minimum 4 years experience working in an electrical engineering role, or an A class electrician with 6 years experience post apprenticeship with a minimum 2 years experience relevant to this role.
- Experience in programming a wide range of PLCs, HMIs and SCADA systems from major manufacturers including Rockwell, Schneider and more. Advanced practical knowledge with Rockwell range of automation products would be highly regarded.
- Familiarity with industrial networking and communication technologies including remote access.
- Experience in the design of schematics utilising Autocad for field works including, single line diagrams, and motor control systems. Incorporating Instrumentation, VSDs, soft starters and PLC connections.
- Experience across at least one of the following industries, quarrying/mining, food/beverage or industrial refrigeration.
- You will have sound Knowledge to applicable Australian Standards.
- Australian Drivers licence
Desirable characteristics/ skills
- Experience in Switchboard LV Distribution, control and MCC design
- Understanding and providing Calculations for Load Analysis, maximum demand, Cable Sizing, protection discrimination, Harmonics and more.
- Experience in writing reports, Scope of Works & Technical specifications.
- Experience within industrial automation sector
- Ability in PLC programming and commissioning of large-scale automation projects & maintenance
- Experience with commissioning VSDs, soft starters and instrumentation
Please attach your cover letter specific to this role and a current resume.
Please ensure you resume has your location provided (Suburb as a minimum)
Include within your email how much notice you are required to give your current employer and if your experience is as an electrical engineer OR qualified electrician with desired skills/ experience.