Lawn Doctor Turf Solutions has been growing, maintaining, and renovating lawn in Perth for over 45 years. Lawn Doctor established itself as a family-owned business and has since grown to become one of Western Australias leading turf companies. During this time we have provided services to Local Councils, Schools and Sporting Facilities and we have many long term clients.
Based in Wanneroo, we are a continually growing company who are committed to the long-term retention of our teams.
Lawn Doctor Turf Solutions are currently recruiting for an experienced full-time Turf Operator to join the team based out of our depot in Wanneroo, providing our long-standing clients with high quality service and support.
Working throughout the metro area, and at times under your own supervision, we are looking for an energetic team player who is experienced in working in landscaping and/or Turf Operations, and takes pride in their work with a can do attitude.
Your key accountabilities will include (but not limited to):
- Maintenance of turf including:
- Broad acre mowing & management
- Confined areas turf mowing & management
- Turf renovation
- Fertilising (small and large scale)
- Pest and disease management
- Safe and effective operation of machinery
- Meet timelines and budgets
- Compliance with all quality procedures and policies
Turf operations can be impacted by many factors, the applicant will need to have an eye for detail and passion and pride for what they do, Turf operations can be very rewarding for those applicants that love lawns and gardens.
Skills and Experience
The role calls for someone with demonstrated experience in conducting broad acre and confined areas turf management works, including turf renovation, fertilising, spraying and mowing. You may be required to work as part of a team or autonomously and will also communicate with clients at various sites throughout the metropolitan area.
Tractor operating experience is necessary and experience operating broad acre renovation and mowing equipment is highly regarded. However documented training will be undertaken if the applicant is not familiar with turf implements but has experience in tractor operation.
An understanding of workplace health & safety, and the responsibilities around chemical pesticide application is also preferred.
To be considered for this role you will have one or more of the below skill sets:
- Minimum 2 years general labouring or farm maintenance roles
- Experience in horticulture, working landscape, parks and gardens and/or turf industries
- Irrigation and/or turf management experience
You will also require as a minimum:
- Clean MR License (HR preferred).
- Able to pass Police Clearance
- Ability to work alone and in a team environment.
- Mechanically minded
- Neat and tidy appearance
- Honest and reliable
Position is full time and depot is in Wanneroo
We encourage applications from men and women of all ages, including people with a disability and Indigenous Australians.