• Supportive team
• MLC Location
• Fantastic opportunity for development & growth
Senior Associate – Transport (Rail)
Applications are now open for a Senior Associate to join our Transport sector. The successful person will play a critical role in representing Architectus to our clients, support the conversion of new opportunities, and will have extensive expertise in leading teams on large scale, complex infrastructure and transport projects.
If you are passionate about rail and are interested in being a part of a team that draws on deep transport sector expertise as well as local and international research insights to envisage possible futures for our client’s projects, then we would love to hear from you!
Who is Architectus
Architectus is a top-tier architecture and design studio with specialist expertise in commercial, education, interiors, public, residential, transport, urban design and planning.
Whether extracting insights, detecting challenges or visualising solutions, we embrace change and drive innovation across our studios to deliver more – creatively, accurately and efficiently. We recognise the work of the team; with shared collaborative attitudes ensuring the best research, technology and outcomes for projects, clients and stakeholders are achieved.
Architectus celebrates that our lives integrate into our work and our work integrates into our lives, guiding our community-driven atmosphere and holistic approach to work and life with a range of benefits to support and enrich your employee experience. Working at Architectus you can expect to be involved in various social and wellbeing events, community development, environmental initiatives, career progression and personal development programs.
- Responsible for the effective management of project teams and project programs.
- Consult with other Architects, Engineers and other professional involved in the projects design and construction process to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Advise on fees and engagement of sub-consultants including defining scope of work and overseeing the standard and progress of sub-consultant deliverables.
- Ensure pending changes to the brief, budget and program are formalised and, if agreed with the client, promptly communicated internally for distribution and action.
- Report regularly on the performance of the project and any variations to the scope of work, and the agreed project plan.
- Report as necessary on the performance of the project program and immediately on any changes which could impact on the agreed design direction.
- Plan the project strategically, financially and over time, monitor performance against this plan with the Principal in Charge and take action when adverse variation occurs.
- Obtaining advice from clients and management to determine type, style and size of planned buildings and alterations to existing buildings.
- Provide information regarding designs, materials, and estimated building times.
- Ensure the preparation of high-quality project documentation, and ensure the integration of structural, mechanical, and aesthetic elements in final designs.
- Ensure documentation is coordinated through liaison with consultants and other relevant project stakeholders through design development and construction documentation phases.
- Inspect construction work in progress to ensure compliance with plans, specifications, quality standards and safety.
- Administer the contract during the contract administration phase.
- Prepare tender and bid responses
Skills and Experience:
- 10-15 years of relevant working experience in design and construction environments.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working on government-based or joint venture projects
- Experience in multiple complex rail projects in either in Australia or an international setting.
- Design communication skills to convey design concepts both visually and verbally
- Extensive experience in leading large projects teams on national or international projects through from design to construction.
- Strong commercial and financial acumen
- Large scale contract, bid and tender experience
- Architectural Qualifications to a post-graduate level or equivalent
Working at Architectus/Benefits
Working at Architectus is an integrated, balanced and overwhelmingly positive experience for all employees. With various social events, community development and environmental initiatives, career progression and personal development programs, you will relish the community-driven atmosphere and holistic approach to work and life.
Architectus is proud to offer the following benefits:
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mentoring Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Flu vaccinations
- Active wellness program
- Working Remotely and Flexible Work Options
- Recuperation Time
If you are interested in joining us, then please apply direct via the link below. Applications must be submitted via our careers page to be accepted.
Eligibility to apply for this position requires an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa.