Background to STRI
STRI was established in the UK in 1929 and now operates globally out of its three research and design hubs in Europe, Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Clients include some of the worlds most iconic sports venues, international tournaments, sports governing bodies, sports club owners and facilities managers, local authorities and schools.
For over 29 years, STRI Australia - Sportsturf Consultants has been providing consulting, design, research and management services to many recognized Australian sporting venues, helping them to improve and future-proof natural and synthetic sports and recreational turf surfaces.
With the acquisition of a number of smaller business in recent years and the need to fully immerse them into the STRI Australia business model (including rebranding and repositioning) we are now looking for an experienced B2B Marketing Communications Coordinator to help us in delivering this change, responsible for the brands future growth across Australia and Asia Pacific.
Working as part of the Global Marketing Team, who are based in the UK, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to be part of a truly global business, delivering the Groups global marketing strategy and using their expertise and market knowledge to develop localized content to support the brand development and business unit growth objectives.
The role is based in our Melbourne office, working alongside our Australian Business Managing Director and the Group Head of Brand and Communications in the UK.
This is a significant role within our business and we are looking for a self-starter with a can-do attitude who can challenge the norm, bring creativity and innovative thinking and drive positive change through their marketing, communications and leadership skills.
Key Responsibilities include the following:
- Execution of the Group Marketing Plan, creating and implementing relevant local content.
- Maintain our websites, ensuring the front end continues to remain relevant through the management of content, development of new content, implementing initiatives to increase site visits, and owning this completely as the back end owner.
- Implementation of social media tactical plan, including development of monthly calendar, sourcing and writing content, uploading of content, setting and management of paid advertising budgets with accountability for results.
- Manage external agencies as appropriate (e.g., digital, PR, research, etc).
- Implementation of print media strategy, including but not exclusive trade press, events, sponsorship, affiliations, and accountability for budget and results.
- Implementation of the tactical digital marketing plans including email, blog, newsletters.
- Organize, manage and where needed project manage events.
- Supporting our Business Development with presentation development to ensure brand consistency, story telling and effective brand positioning.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Degree in Marketing or Business related.
- 2 years experience in a B2B environment preferred.
- Proven experience in managing digital platforms (websites, social pages) for a brand.
- Prior experience coordinating events or trade shows
- Ability to plan, deliver and achieve.
- Already operating successfully in a marketing, product marketing, category marketing position.
Attractive salary/wage package (dependent upon experience) to suit this full time position.
Working for the STRI Group provides an ideal opportunity to develop and progress in a dynamic and fast growing global company. The opportunity awaits the right applicant.