$89,674 plus 9.5% Superannuation
We are the City of Melbourne, a place to be bold and inspirational.
We are rapidly transforming to meet the evolving challenges faced by a global city. With a vision of being a leading organisation for a leading capital city, our mission is to create positive impact for our community. Each day, we work with passion and purpose so that together we achieve incredible things.
Together we Make the Difference
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
We are currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to join a dynamic team to manage Council’s open space and streetscape upgrade works, which range in value from around $500k to $10M in value.
As the Project Manager (Strategic) your role is to take ownership of managing the initiation, planning, and implementation of approved small to medium size projects in the Capital Works program from concept through to completion. You will plan, organise and successfully deliver projects, to budget, within agreed scope and quality based on project briefs and good governance.
While having knowledge of the full project management lifecycle, the role focuses on managing projects from inception and schematic design through to procurement/tendering, including managing consultants, contractors, stakeholders and authority approvals (internal/external) and planning processes to achieve the successful delivery of key milestones.
As a project manager in this team, you will be expected to manage projects and related tasks with a degree of independence, while seeking guidance and assistance where required from senior members of the team, including the Team Leader
All members of the Strategic team are required to have strong project management skills, and will be required to demonstrate a high degree of initiative, have very strong organisational, and written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
By joining us, you will become part of a remarkable team who work in a constructive and inclusive culture to shape the future of this city. Together, we champion difference, celebrate achievement and recognise positive impact.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence.
- A relevant tertiary qualification to degree level in project management and/or related field such as architecture, strategic planning, landscape architecture, urban design or engineering or equivalent experience.
- Experience in project management delivery of high value small to medium projects in a large and diverse organisation with multiple stakeholders.
- Proven ability to concurrently manage multiple projects on time, to budget and to client satisfaction within a structured reporting framework.
- Sound understanding of project management methodologies and a demonstrated understanding of standard forms of construction contracts and building industry practices.
- Proven ability to manage a project team of external consultants and contractors ensuring high level performance and taking decisive corrective action when necessary.
- High level relationship building and stakeholder management skills with the ability to deal with a diverse range of stakeholders with a broad range of expectations and client needs which are often of a competing nature.
- Highly developed analytical, lateral thinking and problem solving skills and the ability to take the initiative, drive change and continual improvement.
- High level communication skills with the ability to convey and effectively impart project information and negotiate and influence outcomes.
- Ability to work within a high pressure environment and effectively managing multiple priorities within a complex environment.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter (no more than one page), outlining your relevant experience as listed above under ‘You can bring...’
Please address your covering letter to Luke Flanagan, Team Leader Strategic.
Applications will be accepted up until 11:45pm Monday 3 May 2021.
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
For those interested in working with us, the City of Melbourne offers a great range of benefits.
City of Melbourne is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity. Our commitment is for our people to be safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people regardless of their gender identity and expression, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, disability and age. We look for the right values, skills and knowledge to build our capabilities so that we can best deliver for our community.
Applications Close: 03/05/2021