Full time permanent position, Australian owned, Maryborough (Vic) Location.
True Foods is a modern day success story of the FMCG industry and the home of the Iconic Simsons Pantry range of products.
We have a genuine people-focused culture and burning ambition for high performing innovation and ongoing sustainable growth in Australia. We pride ourselves on being 100% Australian owned and our capability to manufacture every-day speciality household products; Tortilla Wraps, Flatbread, Pizza Bases, Naan & Roti Breads, right here in Maryborough Victoria where are the largest privately-owned employer.
Through passion and pure grit, we have been able to successfully introduce and maintain a high-quality product range that has seen volumes soar across major Retail and Foodservice channels. We service and manage all major key customers nationally, including Coles, Woolworths, Aldi, Metcash, KFC, Subway, PFD and Bidfood.
Our business has a strong vision around sustainability, and won Coles Sustainable Supplier of the year award in 2020. We have a solar farm onsite providing more than 100% of the electricity needed to produce the Simsons Pantry products each year.
True Foods continues to expand rapidly, and this presents many exciting opportunities.
About the Location
True Foods is set in the historic township of Maryborough, between Ballarat and Bendigo in Regional Victoria. The local community has a proud history of food manufacture and boasts all the modern conveniences; hospitals, sporting facilities, public and private schools etc. As a regional location, property prices are certainly very attractive, and this friendly community makes a perfect destination for tree-changers, those looking to get a foothold in the property market, or those looking to escape the daily grind of metro living.
About the Opportunity
We are currently seeking a highly experienced and self-motivated Industrial Baker who has a strong focus on team work and developing others. As the senior Baker on site, the role will also be responsible for developing and rolling out training to all dough mixing staff to ensure consistency across everything we do. The role will also actively support our Research and Development activities with all factory trials and effective implementation of new products into Operations.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Subject Matter expert providing thorough understanding of dough quality expectations for a variety of applications
- Proficient operation and set up of machinery for mixing and baking a high-volume range of quality products
- Preparation of product batches as per recipe specifications and production schedules
- Identifying problems and having the ability to trouble shoot and find solutions independently
- An ability to increase product knowledge and machine capabilities through active engagement with QA, R&D, continuous improvement, maintenance and production specialists
- Regular training and upskilling of all dough mixing staff within the business
- Accurately completing paperwork for Quality & Training Departments
- Maintaining a safe and clean workplace
About the Skills and Experience
To be successful you must be a passionate team player who is a strong communicator and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, and have the following skills:
- Previous experience working in an industrial food production environment, ideally using commercial dough equipment in an FMCG environment
- You will be a trade qualified baker
- A broad range of technical skills with a strong mechanical aptitude
- High attention to detail with sound numeracy and literacy skills
- Comfortable and capable of producing accurate paperwork
- Reliable and committed
- Effective communication skills and have a solid understanding of continuous improvement principles GMP, HACCP and Food Safety
- The ability to take complex baking concepts and teach them to others in a variety of ways
- High level of care - takes pride in their work
- Positive and respectful team player