12 Month Specified Term Position
Only applications received through our online portal will be considered. To apply, please refer to the following link: https://www.wfca-tpce.com/vacancyView.phprequirementId=4466&
Under general supervision, provides multi-task support services to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canadas (IRCCs) programs and operations. Exercises initiative in seeking out information to complete files or tasks. Requires a general knowledge of established guidelines. Responds to service requests from clientele and performs other duties as required.
Area of Selection:
This position is open to candidates who meet all of the conditions of employment and essential requirements stated below, and whose applications are received by the closing date and time.
The Government of Canada is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from diverse sections of the community. Candidates will be considered on merit regardless of ethnic origin, religious belief, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other irrelevant factor.
Our organization offers an inclusive workplace where respect, teamwork, and collaboration are part of our culture. Canadas missions abroad are committed to promoting and supporting an environment free from harassment and discrimination, as well as encouraging and supporting employees to learn and develop their skills and competencies.
Candidates will initially be screened against the Essential Qualifications relating to education, experience and language. Candidates must clearly demonstrate in their cover letter and rsum how they meet each of these essential qualifications.
- Successful completion of high school; and
- Either one year of successfully completed post-secondary studies, or
- One year full-time employment with the same employer
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills; including writing business correspondence
- Experience using a PC in a network environment, using word processing software and internet
The Rated Requirements relating to knowledge, abilities and competencies will also be assessed. Methods of assessment may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview, role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessment.
- Computer applications; including Microsoft Office applications and internet browsers
Competencies and Abilities:
- Ability to take initiative, organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines under pressure
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment
- Ability to establish effective interpersonal relationships within a team and conduct all interactions with integrity and respect.
Preference may be given to candidates who meet the Asset Qualifications. Where applicable, candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet any asset qualifications in their cover letter and rsum.
- Written and oral French communication skills
- Experience using a client-centered database
- Working hours are 37.5 hours per week Monday to Thursday 8:00 to 16:30, and Friday 8:00 to 13:30.
- Occasional duties outside normal working hours (i.e., evenings and weekends) may be required, sometimes on short notice.
All applications will be carefully reviewed against the essential and asset qualifications of the job.
Candidates screened in will be contacted for further assessment, to evaluate each applicants knowledge, abilities, competencies, language ability and personal suitability for the position.
Reference verifications shall be conducted as a part of the hiring process.
Conditions of Employment (must be met):
- Only Australian citizens, permanent residents or those holding a valid visa permitting them to work indefinitely in Australia will be eligible to apply.
- Able to obtain and retain a Government of Canada Reliability Status, which includes an Australian Federal Police check, credit check, and validation of qualifications. The Reliability Status must be maintained throughout the employment period.
How to apply:
- Applications must be submitted by 23:59 (GMT+11) on 28 April 2021 Sydney Time through the following website: https://www.wfca-tpce.com/vacancyView.phprequirementId=4466&
- Only applications received through the aforementioned website before the deadline will be accepted.
- Applicants should send a rsum and covering letter in English or French which addresses each of the essential qualifications and any assets qualifications with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, please include your VEVO/Visa Grant Notice attached to your rsum.
- Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
- We thank all applicants for their interest, but we will only contact those who pass the initial screening.
- Please note that the Government of Canada does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interview nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
- Candidates who fail to confirm their attendance at our written exam and/or interview will be considered withdrawn from the process.
- Applicants are entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language of their choice. Applicants are asked to indicate their preferred official language (English or French) in their application.
- If candidates need any special assistance in terms of attending exams or interviews, then please let us know at [email protected] during the application process.
- This competitive staffing process may be used to create an eligibility list of qualified candidates for this position and/or similar positions with various tenures, including indeterminate and term at the Consulate General of Canada in Sydney which may arise in the 12 months following the completion of this recruitment process. If the selected candidate is already an active Locally-Engaged Staff (LES) employee, the eligibility list may also be used for assignments or acting appointments. When you submit your application, you must specify at least one type of employment tenure for which you are interested in being considered (e.g., indeterminate only) so that we may create applicable eligibility lists.