About the company
Grant Thornton is a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organisations to unlock their potential for growth. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting organisations recognised by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies.
We have delivered outstanding and responsive support to our clients and people during this unprecedented time and are proud of how we have been able to adapt and work effectively. We work hard to ensure our people are connected and heard.
About the role
Grant Thornton Australia is growing and growth brings career opportunities for an ambitious Indirect Director or Senior Manager to join our rapidly growing Specialist Tax (ST) team based in Sydney. The ideal candidate will work with our existing Partners with a view to maximising the business case for a further Sydney-based Indirect Tax Partner admission.
Our ST team is a national team that supports clients in a wide variety of industries with the delivery of a range of services across GST, State Taxes and Fuel Tax Credits. Working closely with our existing three Partners, you will be responsible for running client delivery teams and providing consulting support on a multitude of challenging and rewarding local and international engagements. These engagements are across a number of industry sectors such as real estate and construction, financial services, energy and resources energy, public sector, health and aged care and not-for-profit. You will need to be able to lead on both internal and external client engagements.
This opportunity will allow you to join a well-established and supportive team of experts who are committed to the highest standards of technical expertise and insists on excellent client service. If you’re seeking a rewarding and supportive environment where your technical and client skills are highly valued, we can offer a highly valuable career. We understand that talented people drive our successes and this role will enable you to gain a wide range of advisory exposure including:
- Consulting on a wide variety GST matters
- Be mentored by sought after expert partners to ensure your continued development
- Driving growth, leveraging your internal and external networks to deliver enhanced career and client opportunities
- Contributing to training and development across the team
- Promoting the use of technology solutions across the ST business stream
- Be valued as an engaged professional within a high performing team where contributions, ideas and true innovation are rewarded
- Managing and maintaining quality control on assignments and projects
- Making a positive difference in the Grant Thornton International network
Skills and experience
You’ll be agile, responsive and bring innovative ideas to the table ensuring we deliver the technical capability into existing and new markets, ensuring a first rate experience for our clients and people. This role may involve some domestic travel to meet our client needs and will suit someone with the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Between 6 to 10 years GST/VAT experience
- Extensive depth of knowledge and experience with Australian GST
- A Bachelor's degree in Law, Accounting or Commerce (or similar) with CA, Masters in Taxation, LLM in Taxation, or JD
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills including training, coaching, and mentoring, coupled with excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability experience of winning engagements in the market, with a focus on tax governance; tax technology; GST cross-border and ATO engagement (CAR / SAR).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required and direct work experience with major ERP systems including: SAP, Oracle, JD Edwards, and Great Plains would be an advantage.
Culture and Benefits
At Grant Thornton we operate in a flexible and agile environment and have a strong leadership culture that encourages our
people to be authentic and consider how we can work effectively together to enable strong personal growth and professional development. Our clients and our people are our focus and we work hard to ensure our people have the necessary tools, opportunities for growth and technical knowledge to truly make a difference and respond to our client’s needs.
We have seen the benefit and embrace the changes of COVID work practices. Our flexible working arrangements support and extend industry practice and this role is empowered to lead in the Sydney office with remote – and local – support from the Indirect Tax Partners.
This is your role to create the business case for Partner and you will be supported to do so.
How to apply
To apply, please click on the Apply Now button, complete our online application form and upload your CV.