Fixed-Term Position, Up to 4 Years
Applications MUST be submitted via Council's Careers page. Applications received via Seek or other platforms will NOT be considered.
Are you interested in taking a step towards a career in the electrical trade and gaining both practical and theoretical experience and knowledge Council is seeking a motivated individual who is passionate about electrotechnology and ready to embark on a challenge.
About the Role
Reporting to the Supervisor - Electrical and Telecommunications, this Apprenticeship role will focus on gaining practical, real world electrical experience whilst completing a Certificate III in Electrotechnology. The day to day role will include assisting with the installation, operation, maintenance and repair of electrical equipment and associated control devices.
This role is based within our CitySmart Solutions team and will involve regular interstate travel.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed team member who possesses strong digital literacy, attention to detail and problem solving skills. Strong organisation and communication skills will also be necessary to help you balance both work and study.
You will also need to possess a:
- School Certificate or equivalent
- Current Class C drivers' licence (Provisional Licence accepted)
- A strong commitment to TAFE work and attendance is a must!
- National Construction Industry Induction (Whitecard) - Or willingness to obtain
About Coffs Harbour City Council
Committed to the pursuit of excellence, we strive to deliver the excellent services that are desired and valued by our community, now and into the future. We stand by the values of delivering excellence in our services through innovation, recognising that our customers are at the heart of what we do, supporting our people to provide them the scope to deliver outcomes, working together to seek solutions both internally and externally and being transparent and responsible in all that we do.
What We Offer:
- Up to 4-year temporary position
- Obtain a trade qualification - Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrical (upon successful completion of vocational trade qualification)
- The opportunity to be involved in innovative, challenging projects whilst contributing to your community
Salary will be paid at relevant Apprentice rates (Local Government State Award 2020).
- Please note: applications must be submitted via Council's Careers page and close 9pm AEDT on the closing date. Applications submitted via Seek or any other platform will not be accepted.
- More details about the role can be found on Council's Careers page by clicking on Download PD
Coffs Harbour City Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages and background
Applications close 09 May 2021