- Office in Inner Western Suburbs Location
- Work for a Market Leader
This market leader is a manufacturer, supplier and installer of automatic gates, fencing, turnstiles, CCTV camera and lighting poles, bollards and tyre spikes, have a unique approach to the gate market, with quick response times and a professional approach, who always strives to be the best.
Due to growth we seek a Production Manager to join their already busy team. With over 25 years experience in the perimeter security industry they have a solid client base and are focused on working one on one with their customers.
You will be responsible for the management of manufacturing and installation of steel products. Leading a small team to achieve key objectives, encompassing safety, production, programming, quality, innovation and cost control.
- Oversee production scheduling, foresee issues or delays that may occur, ensure all resources are used to optimise output.
- Manage production output costs, processes and resources to minimise cost/ wastage, maintain and improve company lean manufacturing.
- Manage quality performance within production.
- Manage procurement to ensure materials and consumables are available within required time frames.
- Manage overall shop floor and yard layout to maintain an organised and efficient work area.
- Explore innovations to increase efficiency and output.
- Manage maintenance programs to reduce machine downtime.
- Coordinate manufacturing and installation of automatic gates, boom gates, turnstiles, tyre spikes, bollards, and camera poles.
To be considered for this unique career opportunity ideally you must demonstrate the following attributes;
You will be autonomous, driven, determined, proactive, confident and have an ability to lead a team. Display a willingness and ability to achieve goals and take accountability for actions. High level of attention to detail, good planning, organisational skills and able to meet deadlines consistently.
To be successful in this role you will possess the following proven skills and competencies:
- Demonstrated experience in metal manufacturing
- Knowledge of production systems & manufacturing processes
- Experience in computer applications
- Organized, with excellent verbal and written communication
- Proven track record of implementing continuous improvement
Must be an Australian Citizen, have a great working history, and have a clean driving record.
Only applicants that are shortlisted to progress further will be contacted.