Broken Hill Location, 8/6 Roster - Healthy Work Life Balance, Subsidised Company Housing and Private Health Insurance.
Perilya Broken Hill Ltd is currently recruiting for a Mining Superintendent to join their Broken Hill Operation.
Perilya Broken Hill Limited has been an integral part of the Broken Hill community since acquiring the Broken Hill operations in 2002.
Perilya directly employs 440 workers and indirectly 200 full time equivalent contractors on its sites and provides ongoing work for a number of local, industry supporting, businesses. Perilya is a proud direct supporter and contributor to the Broken Hill area including health, school, and sporting communities.
Reporting to the Mining Manager, the Mining Superintendent will be responsible for the management of people, information and equipment to ensure safe and efficient operations.
This role would be well suited to an individual with extensive operational experience (functional-mining) or a Mining Engineer who is looking to expand into the operational side of mining. If you have an understanding of all key processes that impact upon mining operations, including the interaction that occurs between differing parties then we would like to hear from you.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Maintain a good understanding of daily operational issues;
- Develop, maintain and operate the underground infrastructure systems required to enable mining operations to deliver ore to the surface;
- Plan and oversee movement of ore passes to ensure production consistency and correct planned grade;
- Ensure weekly and monthly targets are met to ensure continuous operation;
- Assign resources and time to review and improve the workability of the plan;
- Actively promote adherence to the operations schedule;
- Management of rosters, absenteeism and performance for the workgroup;
- Supervise, mentor and sustain a capable team;
- Lead decision making on issues which may have an immediate operational effect or may influence long term mine production activities;
- Monitor the distribution of costs within the department in order to identify areas where costs can be reduced.
What you need to succeed
To be successful you will need to possess excellent leadership, computer literacy and written and verbal communication skills and demonstrate an ongoing commitment to safe work practices. This role will assist in overseeing the day to day blast activities and personnel, therefore you must hold or have the ability to gain a security clearance for handling explosives. Experience in a supervisory/ management role will also be desirable.
The candidate must hold a NSW Resource Regulator, Underground Mine Supervisor Certificate of Competence or qualifications that are eligible for mutual recognition and a NSW Resource Regulator, Underground Mine Supervisor Practising Certificate, and a current First Aid Certificate.
What you get
An attractive remuneration package including base salary, superannuation, sudsidised company housing and private health cover. This role also offers you an opportunity to live in a large and well established residential town working an 8/6 roster, providing a healthy work life balance.
Applications close COB Wednesday, 5th May 2021.