Fast paced environment, Teamwork, Empowerment.
bellette is an NT-based creative agency helping businesses, people, organisations and governments convey their message through well thought out design, copy, imagery and footage.
We are a small enthusiastic group of creative professionals who are skilled in the areas of graphic design, film & TV, journalism, animation, marketing, web and digital publishing. Our work environment is one of cooperation and collaboration. The result is cohesive work over a range of mediums, and the opportunity to build a diverse portfolio where you have been involved from conception to completion.
Our clients range from the Territory, to interstate and a few of our close neighbouring countries. We offer encouragement for you to pursue your interest areas and develop into an area you are passionate about.
Learn more about us and our work at bellette.com.au
What will you be doing
We are looking for a new addition to our team to support our movement to an Agile methodology. We have instilled this way of working in the last 4 months, and are ready to bring on a member of our team to fill the vital role of supporting our creatives in a day to day capacity.
The Team Lead is responsible for being the glue that holds everything together, working alongside the Scrum team to ensure Agile process is being implemented well. In practical terms, that means they help the Product Owner define value, the creative team deliver the value, and the Scrum team to get better with their delivery. The Team Lead is a 'servant leader' which not only describes a supportive style of leadership, but describes what they do on a day-to-day basis. The Team Lead serves the Product Owner by helping them better understand and communicate value, to assist in managing the backlog, help them plan the work with the team and break down that work to deliver the most effective learning. Serving the creative team, the Team Lead helps them self-organise, focus on outcomes, complete their tasks, and manage blockers.
The Team Lead works across both bellette and HutSix (our sister company) to ensure things continue to move forward and provide support to the creative/development team when applicable to keep the sprint moving along. The end result being a successfully managed sprint that allows a product to be delivered on time, and on budget, with all stakeholders engaged leaving satisfied with their experience.
The key role of this job is to help grease the wheels of the organisation, to foster an environment of seamless workflow, and ensure our team has all of the resources they need to continue on with their work. Problems that occur are dealt with accordingly, liaising with the CEO + Product Owner to find a solution that has the best results for the customer and the organisation.
You will empower our creative team on the ground to own their work, and to help them deliver it to them on time and on budget. Youll have exceptional communication skills, communicating changes with the wider team as they occur. Our ideal candidate has the ability to trust their team fully to deliver their product on time, and works with them when they need. Theyre able to pick up when people might be struggling, and lend a hand in a pinch to make sure everything keeps moving smoothly.
Our organisation is extremely fast paced and high energy, with anywhere between 80 to 120 projects in our pipeline at any given time! Youre expected to be able to keep up with the pace, and think laterally to respond to the daily challenges and changes, ensuring a smooth delivery to the client and a happy team.
Proficiency in technology is a requirement here. Our office is completely paperless, and we use Google systems for our email, file saving and sharing. Internal communications is managed through an instant messaging app called Slack, and the Team Lead will be responsible for managing the Jira board for the existing sprint.
This role does not have any creative proofing underneath it, but this role has the authority to proof and approve any quotes, invoices or purchase orders created by other members of the team.
Skills & Requirements
- Australian residency, willing to move to Alice Springs
- Min. 12mth 2yr commitment
- Australian drivers license
- Efficacy working on a Mac OS
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at once and manage timeframes with ease
- Sharp eye for detail
- Organised and proactive in daily approach
- Flexible and able to think laterally to cater to the ever changing needs of clients, budgets and employees
- Be our employees greatest ally, helping them reach their potential every day
- Previous experience working in an Agile environment
- History of working in a team environment
- Previous work in a creative or customer facing environment
Where could this lead
Current and past team members have:
- built sizeable and credible portfolios for career advancement
- gained professional confidence due to the variety of work, and learnt to be able to truly hit the ground running in a new position
- merged into other areas of (development / design / digital production) they become interested in
- started in Alice Springs and relocated to other exotic locations while continuing to work for bellette
- fallen for the allure of the outback and stayed with us
Moving to Alice Springs
Central Australia and the Northern Territory punches above its weight in the way of adventure, lifestyle, unique events and experiences. A vibrant and engaging community, Alice Springs is a great place to live and work leave long commutes behind! The weather is great all year round, the landscape spectacular, there's heaps of activity and homes/offices/cars are air-conditioned. You will find a community that is open minded and friendly. Come for an adventure, stay for the quality of life.
How to apply:
- email resume, covering letter, any references or portfolio links
- we'll return a personality profile
- fill-in and return the personality profile, and any extra information you want us to know
- we'll get the results back to you
- we'll short list in May 2021 and be in contact
position starts May/June 2021
salary range: negotiated dependent on experience and proven capability
located onsite in Alice Springs must be an Australian citizen, or hold a relevant and current Working Visa