Immediate Start | Permanent, Mildura | Regional Lifestyle, Work with a positive and passionate team.
Zilzie Wines is an award winning winery, proudly leading in excellence of quality and services to its domestic and international customers. Following on from generations of the Forbes family, Zilzie Wines continues to maintain its family values through its committed and passionate team.
Located at our Karadoc Winery Site, an opportunity exists to work with amazing people in a supportive and positive environment.
As our Cellar Manager you will be a valuable team member driven to provide a service that ensures the smooth flow of all Cellar processes.
Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager, you will be responsible for a range of duties including:
- Providing leadership and management to the Cellar team, to ensure business objectives are met in a timely manner.
- Ensure adequate resources are available to meet production requirements.
- Provide training and professional development opportunities for Cellar team members in collaboration with HR team.
- Provide guidance and support to the Cellar Supervisor to manage the day to day operational workload requirements
- Manage employee concerns, performance and outcomes to empower and engage Cellar team to create a positive and cohesive workplace environment
- Implements and enforces Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental Management requirements as communicated by the QHSE Manager and QHSE committee
To succeed in this role you will need to bring your:
- 5+ years in a department managerial position
- Medium to large scale manufacturing experience
- Experience with budget formulation, tracking and expenses
- Exposure to production planning and production processes
- Ability to provide sound leadership advice and direction
- Support and develop staff capability to improve productivity and establish a culture of excellence
- Utilise highly effective communication skills to initiate and develop relationships
- Experience with performance appraisals, improvements and performance management
- Familiarity with Quality, Environmental and Food Safety Legislation and production improvements
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing concepts
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to manage time, set priorities and plan team and own workload within time and resource constraints
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills, with a strong understanding of MS Office programs
- Proven problem-solving abilities that reflect a positive and consultative approach
Our Commitment to you:
• Zilzie Wines is committed to bringing positive energy every day through a sense of harmony, passion and understanding, leadership and personal accountability.
• In addition to day to day workplace training and development, Zilzie Wines offers professional development and formal training that form part of each employees’ career growth and succession planning.
• We actively encourage teamwork, innovation, creativity and excellence in an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect.
Applications for this position will close on Friday 14th May at 4pm.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia and must have a valid Australian work permit.
Candidates will undergo psychometric testing and be required to participate in pre-employment medical and drug and alcohol screening as part of the recruitment process.
Unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.