Full time, permanent role in a Telecommunications NFP, Work from home as well as Docklands office close to public transport, Competitive remuneration with 28 days annual leave.
- Full time, permanent role in a Telecommunications NFP
- Work from home as well as Docklands office close to public transport
- Competitive remuneration with 28 days annual leave
About the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (TIO)
The TIO is one of the highest volume complaint resolution bodies in Australia. We provide a fair, independent, and accessible external dispute resolution service. Our service is free for residential consumers and small businesses who have an unresolved complaint about their phone or internet service. Please visit our website www.tio.com.au/about-us
The Communications & Engagement team reports to the Assistant Ombudsman, Improvement, Policy & Reporting (IPR).
The IPR group works closely with the telecommunications industry and regulators to drive improvements in the delivery of telecommunications services, and with others in the TIO to promote a culture of continuous improvement in complaints handling.
Together we DREAM. Together, we Dare to be great, Respect and inspire, Evolve and grow, Appreciate and celebrate, and Make it easy.
The Communications and Engagement Lead reports to the Assistant Ombudsman IPR and leads a team responsible for the communication and engagement functions of the TIO:
- communication and engagement strategies aimed at promoting and optimising the TIO brand and scheme
- media and external engagement opportunities and channels
- engaging and informative internal communication channels
- contemporary and innovative digital communication
- member and community services initiatives aimed at increasing awareness of the TIO scheme
- initiatives aimed at achieving an accessible dispute resolution service
This role collaborates closely with other senior leaders including the Policy and Systemic Issues Lead, and Strategy and Regulatory Affairs Lead, to ensure a consistent TIO voice.
This is a full-time, ongoing role as a TIO employee. There are three direct reports.
Your skills and experience:
For this role, we are looking for people with the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent (Communications, Business or Commerce etc) essential
- Leading, developing, and coaching teams
- Significant experience in public affairs, media management, journalism or related (8+ years)
- Significant experience leading, delivering, and providing strategic advice on media campaigns, press releases, brand, and internal communication
- Leading and advising on community and stakeholder engagement strategies
- Delivering innovative digital media and web communications
- Delivering high-quality reports, publications, and projects within tight deadlines
- Issues management, including crisis management communications
- Advanced research, plain language writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Delivering projects on time and meeting tight deadlines
- Contributing to organisational improvement
- Presenting or delivering complex information to diverse audiences
- Providing high level advice to internal stakeholders
- Influencing and engaging with stakeholders at all levels within an organisation
- Operating at both at a strategic and operational level as required
- Complying with organisational confidentiality and privacy obligations
Why work with us
- Flexible working arrangements and a positive work/life balance
- Docklands located office and working from home flexibility
- Being a not for profit, we offer Rebatable Salary Packaging options
- The option to purchase additional Annual Leave, up to 2 weeks per year
- Extensive health and wellbeing initiatives
- An employee-run social club that provides an annual calendar of engaging events
The TIO is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an inclusive, accessible, and safe work environment. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply. We respect and welcome all kinds of diversities and are absolutely committed to being inclusive. We recruit, develop, compensate, and promote people regardless of ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sex, sexuality, intersex variation, disability, age, and life experience. We encourage our employees to bring their authentic selves to work because we celebrate all our differences, support it, and thrive on it. This is how we dream and grow together.
Applications must include your resume, and a cover letter including the below:
- What has motivated you (the WHY) to apply for the Communications and Engagement Lead role
- Please summarise how you feel you meet the Person Specifications (as defined in the position description)
Applications close 11:55 pm, Thursday, 6 May 2021