Family Friendly Roster, Family Medical Insurance Benefits, Personal & Company Yearly Bonuses.
At Newmont, our purpose is to create value and improve lives through sustainable and responsible mining. The world's leading gold company, we pride ourselves on our dedication to safety, environmental management, inclusion and diversity, and adding value and opportunity to our host communities.
Boddington Gold Mine is one of the largest gold producers in Australia and offers a unique opportunity to live and work in the South West. Only 130 kms from the Perth CBD and approximately 100kms from the coast, we also provide DIDO with accommodation in our Village.
Reporting to the Regional Project Commercial Manager. The Contract Administrator is responsible for working across the life cycle of contracts and commercial agreements, the role involves close and continuous collaboration with project teams and end users, other supply chain personnel, legal counsel and other internal stakeholders. The role has the option to be a hybrid (site/home) roster on a 5/2 4/3.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Participating and contributing to safe practice and environmental awareness in the Supply Chain Department;
- Developing detailed sourcing strategies in consultation with end users that support the overarching procurement plans of assigned capital projects, and particularly in respect to the sourcing of construction services.
- Coordinating the timely delivery of identified scopes of work and risk assessments that satisfactory meet procurement process requirements.
- Developing and issuing to market requests for expressions of interest and tenders.
- Coordinating the evaluation of tenders, supplier negotiations on terms and conditions, recommendations for award, and the internal approval and execution of contracts and purchase orders.
- Administering awarded contracts including contract kick-off, progress and KPI reporting, the evaluation of claims, contract variations, invoicing, the receipt financial securities, defaults, warranty obligations and contract closeout.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Law, Commerce, Business, Accounting or related field.
- Four (4) to six (6) years experience in the lifecycle management of contracts including procurement planning, tendering, negotiation, administration and close-out.
- Experience working for a principal in brownfields construction and capital procurement projects.
- Experience in coordinating requirements across multiple functions and managing multiple assignments.
- Mining experience preferred.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that allows every person to thrive, participate, grow, and proudly play an active role in achieving our strategy.
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, placing and promoting the best individual for each position without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation, etc.
We invite women and applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply, particularly persons of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent. Newmont acknowledges Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respects their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.
Note: Newmont does not ask individuals to pay money to apply or be considered for employment or to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal.