Full Time job security, Pilbara local support, Competitive market salary on offer + tool of trade + other incentives.
Qube Bulk provides complete mine to market and mine resupply solutions offering mine, road, rail, storage, port and ship services. We handle more than 85 million tonnes per annum of various bulk ores, concentrates, mineral sands, salt, coal and dangerous goods. We also deliver a range of tanker services from pneumatic operations for cement and lime through to bulk liquid tankers for fuel and sulphuric acid.
Qube Bulk is an industry leader in safety initiatives and innovation through advanced In-Vehicle Management Systems (IVMS), fleet monitoring, supply chain management technology and equipment performance-based standards engineering.
About the Opportunity
We have had an opportunity for an experienced and driven Maintenance Electrician to join the Pilbara Utah Point team. This will see you on a Mon - Friday roster, and this role will predominately provide electrical support to the UTAH point Facility
We are seeking experienced heavy industrial electricians to work in the Port Hedland area on a Monday to Friday roster, This roll will predominantly provide electrical support to the UTAH point Port Facility but will include Eastern Harbour wharf, Qube Transport depot, Qube camp, Wedgefield Lithium operation and Dampier salt.
- The role is offered on a residential basis living in the town of Port Hedland. A housing allowance and Vehicle is provided. The operations work a 24/7, to meet the needs of the business the successful applicant will need to be flexible with rosters for when shift work is required. Travel to remote locations may be required on an occasional basis.
- Long term career move with a growing and leading orgainsiation
- Local and supportive team
- Residential housing allowance
- Competitive salary on offer
Ideally we are looking for Some leading hand experience is desirable but not essential as this roll involves scoping planning and executing small projects with in our business. Successful applicant will be required to engage and manage his or her own contractors as well as order parts and materials as required. Qube are required to have an electrical nominee on site at Utah Point available, there will be a requirement to step up to fill for the electrical supervisor’s position as required.
- Carry out scheduled electrical servicing, maintenance and inspections
- Maintain records on servicing, maintenance and repairs
- Carry out repairs as directed and parts change outs
- Attend breakdowns and make unscheduled repairs as needed
- Communicate effectively with drivers and plant operators
- Order parts using order numbers and listed suppliers
- Identify and record deficiencies relating to products and services.
- Manage contractors safely and effectively
- Identify areas of improvement and implement effective change
- Actively participate in maintaining our safety culture and procedures
- Provide coverage for the electrical supervisor.
- Strong electrical aptitude
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to work safely in a regulated environment
- Ability to read electrical drawings
- Ability to fault find and repair Breakdowns in a timely manner.
The following Experience is desirable
- Maintaining and repairing fixed plant.
- Heavy industry materials handling or mining environment
- Maintaining repairing variable speed drives
- Proficient with Citect & PLC (Modicon experience preferred but not essential)
- Repair & maintenance of Radar level transmitters, lasers, Mobotix CCTV network
- Data and communications experience is highly desirable.
Qualifications & Licences
- A grade Western Australian electrical worker license (mandatory)
- C Class driving licence, (Mandatory)
- First aid and CPR (Mandatory)
- High rick work license ( EWP, Forklift )
- Current Working at heights
- Current confined space
- HV switching
Qube values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.