Join one of Australias leading health, community and aged care providers., Friendly department that encourages professional development., Excellent salary packaging benefits available..Calvary
Fixed Term Full Time,Fixed Term Part Time
Subject Matter Expert – PBRC (PowerBilling & Revenue Collection) System Upgrade
Calvary Public Hospital Bruce, ACT
Fixed Term Full Time or Fixed Term Part Time - for 9.5 months with option to extend commencing ASAP
Senior Officer Grade C
About Calvary Public Hospital Bruce
Calvary Public Hospital Bruce (CPHB) is a 265 bed multi-discipline, modern health care facility serving the ACT community. At CPHB, our patients and their families expect a highly skilled, compassionate and dedicated workforce. Calvary staff pride themselves on ‘being for others’. The patient journey is at the centre of Calvary’s philosophy within our models of care.
About the role
We are looking for a Subject Matter Expert to support the PBRC (PowerBilling & Revenue Collection) System Upgrade at Calvary Public Hospital Bruce (CPHB). CPHB and ACT Health are jointly upgrading their PBRC software used for managing patient billing and invoicing processes, supporting debt recovery, finance and management reporting.
The primary role of the PBRC Upgrade Project SME Officer is as Calvary Subject Matter Expert for the PBRC upgrade project in liaison with other CPHB and ACT Health Directorate stakeholders to meet the operational delivery of this key project.
In this role you will:
- Apply subject expertise in evaluating CPHB business operations and processes especially in relation to patient billing and related administration.
- Identifying areas where the PBRC IE technical solution can improve business performance and providing subject expertise and guidance to the Project and IT development team.
- Collaborating with ACTH stakeholders in the joint design of business rules and system processes.
- Consulting across CPHB operational areas, providing mentorship and contributing specialized knowledge of patient charging and billing.
- Lead the CPHB team in development, testing, implementation and change management of PBRC IE, including:
- Review of vendor test cases;
- Input to the design and construction of bespoke test cases;
- Lead the testing cycle for PBRC, including evaluation and feedback of testing results.
- Provide expert support to the CPHB team in the training and implementation phases.
- Represent CPHB in the joint PBRC Upgrade Project providing subject matter expertise and advice in relation to the PBRC system product and application in project and operational settings.
- Prepare project documentation for relevant committee and reporting requirements
- Identify and report emerging risks and issues for escalation and remediation
- Support development of KPIs & reporting requirements for PBRC system management
- Proactively communicate with managers and staff across various functions in CPHB to ensure broader organisational needs are met and implications considered
What you bring
- Demonstrated business expertise in relation to patient billing, including use of the PBRC system, knowledge and demonstrated application of billing schedules and like business rules. Prior experience in successfully supporting change control strategies.
- Demonstrated understanding of PBRC software to diagnose and report strengths and weaknesses to inform speedy resolutions of issues and mitigation of risks to meet CPHB operational needs and project deliverables, within an acute health care setting. Incorporating a risk assessment approach to business systems review, a demonstrated minimum of three years recent experience in a relevant unit or area within an acute health care setting.
- Ability to understand and manage the PBRC project scope, including project schedules, milestones and key deliverables; applying sound judgment and problem solving abilities for queries, activities and issues associated with the project, with a proven ability to work autonomously, and in collaboration with multidisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated high level communication skills, including effective written and verbal complaint management, minute taking and report writing capability and the ability to liaise effectively with diverse external and internal stakeholders, and interact as part of a multi -disciplinary team.
How to apply
Applicants are expected to respond in writing and include the following:
- Cover letter outlining why you believe you are suitable for this role (use the position description as a guide, maximum one page)
- Current Resume
- Contact details including email addresses and phone numbers of at least 2 professional referees
Closing date for applications: 11:45pm Thursday 27 April 2021
Contact officer for further information:
Applications Close: 27/04/2021
To view the position description or submit your application please click the 'Apply Now' button below.