Permanent, full-time 38 hours a week, offering a stable career choice, Plenty of career growth and professional development opportunities, Significant scope for performance based salary increases.
Applications must be submitted via Council's Careers page and close 9pm AEDT on the closing date. Applications submitted via Seek or other platform will not be accepted.
About the Role
In this role, you will undertake the efficient maintenance of Council controlled green spaces, including reserves, parks and roadside vegetation. You will control, trim and reduce vegetation through mowing, brush cutting and herbicide application.
If you have a certificate III in Civil Construction or equivalent relevant experience, we want to hear from you! You will have demonstrated experience in the maintenance of greenspaces as well as the ability to operate one or more of the following plant:
- Tractor slasher / flail mower
- Outfront / zero turn mower
- Reach / bank slasher
- Small / medium truck, including the towing of a large trailer
You will also hold the following licences:
- Current minimum class Medium Rigid (MR) Drivers Licence
- National Construction Induction Certification (Whitecard)
- AQF3 Chemical Accreditation
- WHS Traffic Control Work (Traffic controller)
- WHS Traffic Control Work (Select and Implement TCP's), or willingness to obtain
- First Aid Certificate (Desirable)
About Coffs Harbour City Council
Coffs Harbour City Council is leading change in the industry. Council is committed to the pursuit of excellence, which means we strive to deliver excellent services that are desired and valued by our community, now and into the future. We stand by the values of delivering excellence in our services through innovation while recognising that our customers are at the heart of what we do. We support our people by providing them the scope to deliver outcomes and work together to seek solutions both internally and externally while being transparent and responsible in all that we do.
What we offer
- Permanent, full-time 38 hours a week, offering a stable career choice
- Plenty of career growth and professional development opportunities
- Significant scope for performance based salary increases
- Other progressive benefits such as employee wellness programs, bonuses, opportunities to purchase additional annual leave and salary sacrificing options
Starting salary of around $50K per annum.
All other conditions of employment will be in accordance with Council's Enterprise Agreement and the NSW Local Government (State) Awards.
- Please note: applications must be submitted via Council's Careers page and close 9pm AEDT on the closing date. More details about the role can be found on Council's Careers page by clicking on Download PD.
Coffs Harbour City Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages and background
Applications close 09 May 2021