At Sydney Trains our vision is to keep Sydney moving by putting the customer at the centre of everything we do. We work at the heart of local communities and integrate cutting edge technology to deliver efficient rail services which exceed expectations and support a rapidly growing economy.
About the team
This is close knit team for five people, working on collaborative grounds to perform one vision and one team goal. The role directly reports to the Director Digital Systems Business Integrity who leads the Digital Systems Business Integration Unit, within Sydney Trains Strategy, Portfolio and Investment Branch.
The team fundamentally works with Digital Systems, changing the landscape of Sydney Trains and NSW TrainLink with transformational change throughout the design, implementation and integration stages.
Wecurrentlyhave a newly created opportunity to join this high performing collaborative team.
The primary purpose of the role is to perform project management and support activities to contribute to the development and delivery of a range of projects in line with established objectives. The role supports the business unit in its provision of services, initiatives and solutions across Network Growth Portfolio.
Key accountabilities of the role include (not limited to):
- Provide a range of project management and support services, including undertaking research, preparation of reports and briefs, coordinating resources, maintaining project documentation and implementing and monitoring project plans, to ensure project outcomes are achieved on time, on budget, to quality standards and within agreed scope, in line with established agency project management methodology
- Provide a range of secretariat and administrative services, including coordinating committees and meetings, prepare and submit agendas, record and follow up on actions, and preparing project papers, to support program delivery.
- Source, collate and compile data and information to identify risks and issues, and track and report on program progress against established milestones, deliverables and business requirements. Maintain a Lessons Learned register for the program/projects.
Click here to download a copy of the Position Description.
Drawing on your significant ability to working in a high function collaborative team, hands on stakeholders management will be your forte! You will need to be clear & concise with your communication and be Microsoft savy.
You are self-driven, thrive in complex environments, and demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills. You embrace the complexities of learning different internal policies and IT systems, working both autonomously at times and within a fast paced team to meet critical timeframes and business outcomes.
Ifyou are ready to step into achallenging and rewarding role in a forward-thinking organisation that truly supports flexible working,wed like to hear from you! Apply today to register your interest.
- Exceptional communication skills (written and oral)
- Certificate IV in Project Management or Change Management in project, construction, transport, rail or infrastructure environments.
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast paced environment to meet critical deadlines
- Demonstrated significant experience in the use of MS Office products with a focus on Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams and SharePoint
Salary and benefits
The salary for this position is Grade 5A ($106,653) 5E ($123,022) per annum plus superannuation and leave loading.
Sydney Trains offers its employees challenging and rewarding work with opportunities for career progression, learning and development and work-life balance. Other benefits include:
- Free travel on Government trains, buses and ferries
- Flexible work practices
Join Sydney Trains for the opportunity to shape the future and make a genuine difference for the people of NSW by providing a world class rail system.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and answer all questions within the online application process.
Please note: successful candidate will need to undertake background checks and criminal record checks.
Applications close: Sunday 11:59pm, 2ndMay 2021
Permanent and eligible long term temporary staff are eligible to apply for this position advertised across Transport for NSW and it agencies. Long term temporary staff (with at least12months continuous service) must be directly employed by Transport for NSW or one of its agencies.