The role of Executive Administration and Project Support Officer is a key position supporting the success of the Managing Director and the Visabel Team. Visabel works in the events industry and provides end to end services, from event strategy and creative concepts to on ground delivery, and you will be involved in support elements of the business, client projects, researching and drafting reports and presentations, completing administrative workflow processes and stakeholder communication on behalf of the Managing Director and the office.
A fundamental part of this role is to anticipate needs and proactively manage the day-to-day business management functions of the Managing Directors office including, contributing to effective business planning and implementation, coordinating, and contributing to projects, as well setting up meetings, drafting agendas and recording minutes.
This is a highly visible role where you will be reporting directly to the Managing Director and will be liaising with various stakeholders on behalf of the Managing Director. As such it is essential that you maintain professional boundaries, have exceptional communication, business acumen and stakeholder engagement skills. You will have excellent research and writing skill and be confident in effectively managing your own workload to balance competing demands within tight timeframes.
In addition, the role is responsible for participating in a range of administrative activities in support of our clients projects. It is a condition of your employment that you conduct your responsibilities in line with Visabels values, contracted deliverables, and strategic objectives.
This varied role will require your efficient and accurate attention to detail and you will be motivated and driven to learn new things and bring a positive solution focused attitude to the workplace.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide high-level administrative and executive support to the Managing Director to support workflow management of the office including but not limited to:
- Co-ordinate and manage a wide range of senior-level administrative tasks relevant to the Managing Directors office including maintenance of correspondence register / contract administration, project database etc.
- provision of high-level communications and correspondence management including preparing nonstandard reports, correspondence and presentations for the Managing Director, ensuring the comprehensiveness, accuracy, and timeliness of written information;
- participating in the development of a range of client project documentation and undertaking activities to deliver on these projects;
- setting up meetings, setting agenda, drafting papers, and taking minutes;
- supporting the Senior Management Team on assigned projects; and
- seeing through all tasks provided by the Managing Director.
- Provide high-level customer service with exceptional judgement, discretion, and business acumen to both internal and external stakeholders consistent with the Managing Directors requirements.
- Research and prepare considered strategic briefing material and reports on a range of business matters as they arise.
- Complete research and preparation of content to assist senior staff with the preparation of tenders, submissions, bids, proposals, reports and other documents as required.
- Act as the Offices primary point of contact, managing the general email inbox, liaison with stakeholders and the actioning of requests to coordinate communication and proactively ensure responses are provided with in relevant deadlines.
- Develop and oversee the implementation and evaluation of administrative practices, systems and procedures to optimise efficiency and deliver continuous improvement to Visabel services and outputs.
- Contribute to a range of client related documents and processes and assist at events as required including: event manuals, registers and reports; contracts and registers; travel logistics and communication; accurate, timely data entry and maintenance of the databases; collection and sharing of promotional and performance material; accurate and timely completion of financial paperwork and forms; event bump in/ bump out and delivery (as requested from time to time)
- Liaise and working collaboratively with Visabels team and clients to support the achievement of Visabels strategic objectives and contractual requirements and actively develop networks in support of these;
- Uphold and embody the Visabel values;
- Other duties as required.
The above list is not exhaustive, and the role may change to meet the overall objectives of the company.
Skills and Key Personal Attributes
We are looking for a person who not only can deliver on the duties set out above but who also:
- Holds relevant Tertiary Qualifications, with a minimum of 8+ years demonstrated experience in a similar role.
- Highly developed skills in all interpersonal communication requirements at an executive level with a commitment to excellence and a high attention to detail and accuracy;
- Highly developed organisational skills with the ability to manage time, work output and priorities and handle a range of tasks with competing priorities within tight timelines;
- Demonstrates professional integrity and ability to work harmoniously within a team environment and autonomously;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with sensitive, complicated, and confidential duties with exceptional business acumen;
- Demonstrated ability to write reports to a High-level Stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively research and analyse information;
- Has demonstrated experience using Microsoft office suite, in particular high-level skills with Word, PowerPoint and Excel and is enthusiastic about adopting and using technology in the workplace.
- Solutions focused and unflappable under pressure.
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours on those occasions required by the Managing Director.
- Experience with using EventsAIR
Our core values are central to our everyday behaviour, interactions, and approach to our tasks at Visabel:
- We have a commitment to excellence.
- We are warm and welcoming; we operate with kindness and grace.
- We are humble.
- We are hardworking and always seeking to learn and grow.
General Conditions of Employment
The remuneration for this role will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
- The role is for part time hours of six and a half hours (6.5) hours a day over five (5) days.
- There may be additional or out of hours work from time to time with events.
- The position may be required to travel to attend meetings and work off site.
- Applicants must be located in and have a genuine right to work in Australia.
- This position is located in Canberra and currently our office currently works from home with laptop computer and screens provided.
This job description serves to illustrate the scope and responsibilities of the role and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties. You will be expected to perform other job-related tasks requested by management and as necessitated by the development of this role and the development of the business.
How to Apply
To apply, please provide:
1. A cover letter
2. A detailed response to the below criteria:
- Detail and provide examples of your past demonstrated experience performing the duties outlined in position description above;
- How you demonstrate a commitment to our core values and how you perform these in your work.
3. Your Resume