Tasmanian Irrigation Pty ltd (TI) is the state-owned company responsible for developing and operating Irrigation schemes funded through public/private partnerships.
TI is seeking an experienced Project Administrator.
This role reports to the General Manager Program Development and Delivery.
The primary objective of this role is to provide project and contract administrative support to the Project Managers and PDD team, for the effective management and delivery of projects for TI.
The key roles and responsibilities are:
- Prepare agendas and minute project and other meetings.
- Preparation of reports, letters, emails, and other documents using Microsoft software, and filing relevant documentation.
- Processing and filing of contract securities, insurance details, notices to contractors,
progress payments etc. as directed.
- Creation of Purchase Orders for approval by Project Manager and report on monthly spend against purchase orders.
- Updating of various documents associated with Project Management Plans.
- Preparation and coordination of expense claims.
- Other general administrative duties as requested.
- Provide high-level administrative support by coordinating correspondence, preparing
statistical reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical work.
- Effectively organize the commitments of the Project Managers (scheduling diaries, arranging conference calls, prioritizing tasks, meeting tight deadlines, making travel arrangements).
- Some basic monitoring of project costs, progress against schedule from TIs Project Management System.
- Compilation of tender and contract documentation as directed by the Project Manager.
- Assist in the improvement, maintenance and development of support systems and documentation used within the Department.
- Operate with a high degree of initiative in a dynamic work environment.
The successful candidate will understand and implement Workplace Health and Safety responsibilities.
by COB 30th April 2021.
Launceston & North East
Administration & Office Support