Part-time role with immediate start available, Flexibility to study while you complete your qualification, Friendly team environment with regular social functions.
Great things are rarely achieved alone. At Apiary Financial, we believe we are Stronger Together, and partner with our clients to build financial strength for their business, their life and their future.
The philosophy that we are Stronger Together also applies to our team. Much like an apiary, where colonies of bees work together towards a common goal, our team of Chartered Accountants and Financial Planners provide united, valuable services to our clients to help grow their business, create wealth and plan for a financially secure future.
We are a medium-sized chartered accounting, business services and financial advisory firm on the fringe of the CBD seeking an enthusiastic and motivated trainee bookkeeper / financial services assistant to join our team.
This is a part-time position (2 3 days per week) involving bookkeeping, financial services assistance and general office duties. This role will provide a first-year finance / commerce / accounting student with a great opportunity to start their career in financial services within a public practice firm.
Duties and responsibilities
This is a diverse role, providing support to both the bookkeeping and financial services teams. As a trainee, you will learn to assist with:
- Accounts processing, including general ledger maintenance, journals, and preparation of financial statements
- Preparation of basic taxation returns for individuals, companies, trusts, partnerships and SMSFs
- Preparation of advice documents, reports and general correspondence
- Liaise with various third parties including government agencies, regulatory bodies, fund managers and superannuation administrators
- Maintenance of client relationships, including assisting with general enquiries and attending to follow up requests
- Ad hoc accounts and administrative duties as required
Requisite skills and experience
Our ideal candidate is a first-year finance / commerce / accounting student, who is enthusiastic about developing a career in the financial services industry. In addition, the successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Genuine desire to learn
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking and prioritising skills
- Ability to work autonomously to meet compliance deadlines
Some knowledge of accounting software including MYOB, Xero and QBO would be beneficial, but is not essential for the role.
As this is a part-time position, we will provide the successful applicant with the flexibility and support to undertake relevant tertiary studies. You will be provided with ongoing professional mentorship and real-world experience as you complete your qualification.
Please note that due to the large volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We thank you for your time and effort in applying for this role.