An exciting opportunity is currently available for an experienced Events Assistant to help deliver a well-established program of events for Members.
The Art Gallery Society of NSW (AGS) is the membership organisation for the Art Gallery of NSW. Established in 1953, AGS provides a range of benefits, services and events for members to support the Art Gallery of NSW (AGNSW).
AGS is seeking an experienced, well-organised, flexible and collaborative team member with a commitment to providing outstanding customer service to work on events primarily on weekends (Saturday morning and Sunday evening availability is essential).
Reporting to the Membership & Events Manager, the successful candidate will work with the Events Team on the seamless delivery of programs including lectures, concerts, parties, tours and other exclusive Member experiences and liaise with stakeholders including lecturers, artists, performers, A/V staff, security and volunteers. The Events Assistant will also be required to deliver prepared lecture introductions and member welcomes to events on stage as required.
Shifts are intermittent and can range from one per week to several per week during busy periods.
If you are committed to delivering memorable experiences for Members, please send through your application.
See below for position description
Applicants must provide a one-page cover letter outlining their suitability against the position description and a current CV. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 30 April 2021.
ART GALLERY SOCIETY OF NEW SOUTH WALES
POSITION DESCRIPTION: CASUAL EVENTS ASSISTANT
Salary Band level:
Casual Grade 1
Mon-Sat $25.51 per hour
Sunday $35.72 per hour
Reports to: Membership and Events Manager
Art Gallery Society Overview
The Art Gallery Society of New South Wales (AGS) was established in 1953 and is a public company limited by guarantee. Its purpose is to provide a range of services and programs to its Members and to support the AGNSW through financial assistance for acquisitions, programs and exhibitions opportunities to enhance the experience of the AGNSW for our members and the public.
The AGS has its own governing Council, staff, budget, annual report and events program. The AGS is made up of seven departments; Executive, Look Magazine, Finance and Administration, Marketing, Membership, Events and the Members Lounge.
Primary Purpose Role
Working as part of the AGS Events Team, the Events Assistant contributes to the seamless delivery of high-quality events and programs including lectures, concerts, parties, tours, workshops and other Member experiences.
- Assist in the set up and pack down of events and programs including lectures, concerts, parties, coffee tours, book talks and other programs
- Liaise with lecturers, performers, audio visual staff, catering staff, security staff, volunteers, Members and other stakeholders
- Ensure the smooth running of events including checking attendance, seating assistance, crowd management and responding to enquiries from event participants
- Liaise with performers to ensure stage requirements are met including sound checks and lighting
- Assist in the service of tea/coffee, alcohol service and other catering as required depending on the event
- Deliver prepared introductions to lecturers and/or performers on stage as required
- Liaise with security staff as required
- Provide excellent customer service to Members and all other event participants and stakeholders
- Follow event organisation and procedures as per runsheets developed by the Events team
- Adhere to COVID-safe protocols and guidelines set by the AGNSW and NSW Health authorities
- Report incidents and any issues that arise during events
- Fulfil other duties as required by Management, the Events team and other department personnel as requested/required
- Demonstrated experience in delivering and supervising events and programs experience within a cultural venue will be highly regarded
- Weekend availability (especially Saturday mornings and Sunday evenings)
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills
- The ability to deliver prepared introductions to events on stage
- Working knowledge of WHS policies & procedures
- RSA certificate
- Working with Children Check clearance
Membership & Events Manager: Communication regarding event programming, delivery and procedures.
AGS Events staff: Work together as a team to ensure the seamless delivery of a range of high-quality events.
AGNSW staff: To maintain AGNSW and AGS good communication and working relationship
Lecturers & entertainers: To ensure the delivery of high-quality events according to prepared runsheets.
Members: Deliver outstanding member expriences
Non-members: To encourage the growth of memberships through positive experience at AGS events