Work close to home - Fremantle, Work within local WA Government, Immediate start - 9-12 month assignment.
PERSOLKELLY is one of Australia's largest and longest serving recruitment providers. Delivering both quality temporary and permanent options, we specialise in the recruitment of Professional, ICT, Government, STEM, Management and Executive talent.
The People & Culture Advisor (Payroll) provides an efficient, timely and accurate payroll service to the organisation's Employees assisting in the coordination of the Workers Compensation and Injury Management program and Health & Wellness program.
Start date Mid - end of May 2021
Contract length 9 - 12 month contract
Payrate $35-40 per hour dependant on experience
Hours 38 per week
* Processing of online and manual timesheets with reference to appropriate Agreement/Award based conditions of employment using Empower HRIS system.
* Ensure statutory requirements are met.
* Calculate and process termination and retirement payments as required, including completing relevant documents required by agencies e.g. GESB, ATO.
* Processing of Reimbursements via the payroll system.
* Assist with the STP processing and EOFY reconciliations.
* Process Salary Packaging arrangements.
* Assist and create uploads of salary and deduction files for EFT processing to relevant agencies eg, GESB and ATO.
* Maintain and update pay classification, payment codes and payroll control tables.
* Assist in the processing of Reportable Fringe benefits.
* Provide advice and support to Managers and Employees on the application of Agreements as they relate to Employee pay related entitlements.
* Assist and provide training managers and employees with Empower Self-Serve application, including approving leave, higher duties allowances and monitoring leave rosters.
* Provide training and assistance to employees in the use of HRMIS including booking leave, payment instructions and deductions.
* Provide information to Employees regarding leave, wages, superannuation, workers compensation and other entitlements.
* Assist in the calculation of the monthly State Payroll Tax and process payment via State Revenue website.
* Assist with processing of Workers Compensation claims & Injury Management.
* Contract Management- assist with monitoring the Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Workers compensation injury management, rehabilitation and fitness for work.
* Health & Wellness Program- assist in delivery of Health & Wellness Program and monitoring its effectiveness
* Assist in the reporting of injuries/ illnesses to Department of Mines
* Other Employee Services/ Administrative Support as needed for the People and Culture Branch.
Ideally, we are seeking enthusiastic, professional applicants who have:
* Demonstrated experience with payroll processing using HRIS.
* Demonstrated knowledge and experience in interpreting and applying HR legislation, awards, agreements, State Payroll Tax and current PAYG tax laws and legislation.
* Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
* Effective analytical and problem-solving skills in relation to payroll issues.
* Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work to meet deadlines.
* Knowledge of Workers Compensation & Injury Management is helpful but not essential
If you are interested in these roles and fit the criteria, please apply online today!
**PLEASE NOTE - only online applications will be considered**
Who are we
At PERSOLKELLY, our passion is - and always has been - putting you first.
We propel our people forward by supporting their careers in fresh ways, backed by our expertise and capability.
We're committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment which values and respects diverse styles, backgrounds, experience and perspectives.
We welcome and encourage women, people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent and people from diverse backgrounds to apply.
So it's over to you. If you would like to join our team, please APPLY now.
To learn more about working with PERSOLKELLY, we encourage you to visit our website.