Flexibility, Training and Development, Dynamic.
Administration Officer (Human Resources)
Maximum Term Position
Part Time - 24 hours per week
$32 per hour + up to 12% super
Salary Level: 2
Banana Shire is situated in Central Queensland, Australia located 120 km west of the growing industrial city and port of Gladstone - and an easy drive to the city of Rockhampton.
Our population is approximately 14,291 people spread over 28,577 square kilometres, of which only 27 square kilometres is urbanised. Major industries include Coal Mining, Power Generation, Beef Production, dryland cropping and irrigation such as lucerne and cotton.
The Council sits in the town of Biloela which is the largest town in the Shire. Our urban centres and towns include Moura, Taroom, Banana, Baralaba, Dululu, Goovigen, Jambin, Thangool, Theodore, Wowan and Cracow.
Banana Shire Council is in an exciting growth phase of expansion and is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Administration Officer to join the Human Resources Team for a maternity relief period. The successful applicant will have a high level of experience in administrative roles, with a focus on attention to detail, minute taking and knowledge of human resources systems and practices.
Key Accountability and Responsibilities will include:
- Process Recruitment and Selection documentation;
- Assist with preparation of payroll processing;
- General administration duties for Human Resources Manager.
About the Person
To be successful in this position, you will be committed to providing a high level of services to the Human Resources team, whilst maintaining confidentiality at all times.
You will be highly organised and be able to prioritise and complete tasks within deadlines.
You will be able to demonstrate your ability to communicate with all levels of internal and external customers in a polite and professional manner. We are seeking a keen and supportive member of our team.
In return - we can offer
Council may offer a range of benefits including:
- Access to internally advertised positions;
- Mentoring and coaching opportunities to increase your industry knowledge and professional and business acumen;
- Ability to contribute to the community and make the Banana shire and attractive place to live and visit
- Access to flexible working arrangement provisions and generous leave provisions
- Wellness programs, social club and employee assistance program.
- Mandatory Criteria
- Current C class manual drivers licence;
- High level experience in administrative roles;
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
The appointed person may be required to work flexible hours as required by operational needs.
- To be eligible for employment, applicants must have the legal right to work in Australia.
Banana Shire Council utilises a merit-based recruitment process.
To be considered for this position your application must include:
- Cover letter (1-2 pages) tell us why you are applying for this position and address the Abilities, Skills and Knowledge required on page 2 of the Position Description;
- Current resume (please give us details of your experience and qualifications for this role).
Your completed application will be assessed by our Councils Panel and you will be advised of the outcome.