Key Technical Position, Permanent Fulltime Position, Location: Fiona Stanley Hospital, Murdoch.
- Key Technical Position
- Permanent Fulltime Position
- Location: Fiona Stanley Hospital, Murdoch
You are a proactive, reliable and resilient engineering professional who has a passion for finding solutions. You will be a Chartered Engineer, experienced in Electrical Engineering systems in buildings.
You consistently follow through, meeting commitments in an organised and methodical manner. Engaging with others by clearly and concisely conveying information and ideas, you willingly share your own skills and knowledge to the benefit of the team. You hold the ethos: Your work is never too urgent or important that you cannot take the time to do it safely. Youre a respectful and professional person who demonstrates exceptional values in everything you do.
About the Role
The Operations Engineer (Electrical Services) will report to the Senior Engineering Manager and is responsible for the delivery of the Planned Maintenance program, the implementation of engineering policy, procedures and systems including the reporting on audits and the review of their status and effectiveness across Fiona Stanley Hospital. This includes providing appropriate support to meet Contract compliance / requirements preparing formal reports and correspondence, providing subject matter expertise for all hospital engineering systems.
This is a practical engineering-based position. You will be expected to provide advice and guidance to a number of stakeholders including the client - through meetings, presentations and written reports.
What were looking for:
- The highest levels of personal integrity and ethical behaviour
- Chartered professional engineer and member of a recognised institution
- Tertiary qualifications in either electrical engineering from a recognised university/tertiary education institution sufficient to meet the academic requirements of the following institutions:
- Engineers Australia (EA)
- Institution of Engineering Technology (IET)
- Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE)
- Proven direct experience in an engineering related role preferably in an engineering consultancy or similar environment
- Sound diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills coupled with the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Highly developed Stakeholder management with the ability to manage expectations
- A track record of delivering value-add impact in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience working in a healthcare or hospital environment preferred but not essential
This is a position of trust and responsibility and to support this we will conduct a thorough probity assessment as an essential selection component for this role.
Within our Group Corporate teams, we collaborate and support the operational arms of Sercos Asia Pacific division. We problem solve and innovate across a range of disciplines including Corporate Affairs, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Sales and Bids.
At Serco, youll be part of a team of more than 50,000 people delivering essential services on behalf of governments and organisations around the world. We apply world's best practice, insights and technology across six key sectors: Citizen Services, Defence, Healthcare, Immigration, Justice and Transport. But no matter your role or where youre based, we each share the same goal to bring service to life to make a positive difference every day. To learn more please visit www.serco.com/aspac
If you are inspired to make a positive different and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply now.
Serco values ofTrust, Care, Innovation and Pride underpin everything we do. We are curious, creative and collaborative. Our people help in ways that matter.
NOTE: Google Chrome is the preferred browser to access Serco careers website