Full-time l Fixed-Term Contract (5 years), Enjoy flexibility, versatile projects within a strong team culture, Join an organisation who deliver sustainable building solutions.
- Full-time l Fixed-Term Contract (5 years)
- Join an organisation who deliver sustainable building solutions
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and versatile projects within a strong team culture
We currently have an excellent opportunity for experienced Manager Capital Works to join our Future Built Environment Team based in Keilor.
In this role you will responsible for the delivery of an agile, adaptive and responsive works program that provides proactive leadership and strategic thinking that assists professional teams to plan and deliver environments, programs and projects that improve the community experience and sustainability of GMCT development investments and ensure legislative and statutory compliance.
The role has the oversight of allocated project managers and contractors to ensure optimal delivery of business results from the GMCT as a whole.
About the Role:
The Manager Capital Works is accountable for the delivery of organisation's infrastructure and inventory portfolio of approximately $200m over the next five years, as documented in the Long Term Financial Plan.
The position provides strategic direction to the team to ensure timely delivery within budget and timely, optimal solutions to issues. Part of the role is providing clear and systematic feedback on the lessons learned to the Manager Future Design and assisting in incorporating Lessons Learned into everyday work.
This role is especially important in building a flexible and agile workforce, driving a culture of high performance, innovation, continuous improvement and safety performance, thus reducing costs and increasing productivity.
What you'll bring to the team:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in built environment, construction, engineering or similar with relevant 10+ year's post-graduate experience.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing teams.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, relationship building skills and communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in project management methodology.
- Demonstrated experience with process improvement tools.
- Demonstrated capabilities in people management, strategic planning, risk management and change management.
Please ensure you include a cover letter as part of your application. We would like to know why you want to work for The GMCT, why you are interested in the role, and, taking into account the Key Selection Criteria as a whole, how your skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications are applicable to the role.
Closing date: 5pm Friday 7 May 2021
This position requires the successful candidate to undergo a pre-employment medical, police check and values testing.
GMCT is a Supportive Employer of Australian Defence Force Reservists.
GMCT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability.
The Greater Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust GMCT) is a progressive, customer centric, not-for-profit organisation, which administers 21 historic and transformational memorial parks in perpetuity. Each year we support the burial, cremation, interment and memorialisation needs of over 12,500 multi-cultural families. Always forward thinking GMCT is committed to developing an empowered, collaborative and can-do workforce, and a culture of continuous improvement.