At the Town of Mosman Park, our people are at the heart of everything we do.
Each day, we are encouraged to work with purpose and passion so that together, we can shape the future of our Town and make a remarkable difference to our community.
Mosman Park is located approximately 14km from Perth and a stones throw from Fremantle. Nestled between Cottesloe, Peppermint Grove, and North Fremantle; we are uniquely positioned between the picturesque Indian Ocean and the beautiful shores of the Swan River.
We are a small and vibrant local government, focused on connecting with our close-knit community between river and sea.
Were seeking a fresh, new face with the curiosity and ambition to deliver great things for the Town and our residents.
By joining us, youll have access to amazing lifestyle benefits and entitlements to help you achieve your full potential:
- Entitlements: 17.5% leave loading, 2 extra days of leave each year
- Additional superannuation (subject to individual contribution)
- Flexible working arrangements, including 9 day fortnight
- Professional development opportunities
- Wellness programs, including an Employee Assistance Program and access to a Fitness Passport membership
- Free parking, and close to public transport.
We are a values driven organisation proud to be serving our community with luscious green spaces and built environment. If you are looking to work with an organisation who truly believes their workforce is their most important asset and promotes a positive and friendly working environment then the Town of Mosman Park could be the workplace for you.
Things you'll be proud of:
- Working for an organisation that keeps our community at the heart of all we do.
- Being a positive brand ambassador for the Town of Mosman Park.
- Having values aligned to those of the organisation.
- Fixed term full time
- Contracted to 30 June 2022
The role of a Development Liaison Officer is to promote best practice and exercise Council's regulatory functions by undertaking proactive and reactive inspections of Building and Planning compliance, ensuring compliance with both Council's and the Community's expectations.
Are you a suitably qualified and experienced Development Liaison Officer with a passion for delivering first class service to stakeholders If yes, we would like to hear from you.
You will be responsible for conducting pool inspections and lead investigations into suspected breaches of the law relevant to building compliance legislation, policy, schemes and approvals. Assist in inspections and investigations into suspected breaches of the law relevant to development compliance legislation, policy, schemes and approvals and action non-compliance and undertake an appropriate course of action to resolve the issue.
You will possess knowledge of relevant local laws and specifications; ability to understand, apply and interpret legislation (Building Act 2011 and Building Regulations 2012 and Planning and Development Act 2005) and Australian Standard AS1926.1; and have well developed computer and technical skills, plus strong skills in customer service. With experience in conducting inspections and knowledge of verge development.
The successful applicant will possess;
- Practical experience in compliance / enforcement in the Local Government or State Government.
- Experience in a public relations / customer service role.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Well-developed analytical and decision making skills.
- Well-developed time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to understand, interpret and apply relevant building and development legislation including the Building Act 2011, Building Code of Australia, Town Planning Scheme, Litter Act 1979, Local Government Act 1995, Planning and Development Act 2005, Residential Design Code and other Town policies and approval processes, schemes and local laws.
- Sound knowledge of the operation of a Local Government authority.
- Experience in court procedures (desirable).
The recruitment process requires applicants to obtain a police clearance and undergo a pre-employment medical, including a drug and alcohol assessment, as well as possess a current C class Drivers Licence.
Salary: up to $61,810 - $72,004 per annum, plus super (depending on skills and experience)
How to Apply: To be considered for the role, applicants are required to submit the following: Written application including resume, cover letter and answer (in 200 words or less) the following question: Share a time that you were able to achieve a major result by using creative negotiation/mediation skills. What was the situation and what made it a success
Close Date: 5pm, Friday 7 May 2021
The Town reserves the right to commence recruitment prior to this date.
Applicants are required to demonstrate a commitment to the Town of Mosman Parks ACE values of Accountability, Connection and Excellence.
The Town of Mosman Park has an inclusive working environment with employees from a variety of backgrounds. We acknowledge that diversity in the workforce, increases the effectiveness of teams. We welcome applications from Indigenous people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.